Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

ReadULEB/ReadSLEB

robert_l_gilster
Beginner

I'd like to know a bit more about this error message if I could. I'm a relative beginner in the grand scheme of things but my job as a system administrator causes me to troubleshoot user code from time to time.

I keep getting an 'undefined reference to __ReadULEB' error when compiling some reasonably simple code involving Tcl and Tk 8.4.16 and it appears to be the Intel Fortran compiler that is having the problem - using Intel Fortran 8.1 and gcc 3.4.6. The error comes not at compilation but at linking time, after all the code has compiled and now the objects are combined together. I don't use any compiler flags outside of the standard -O I'd love to find a way to use just the Intel Compiler itself and not rely on gcc, but documentation for doing that is sparse and so far haven't been successful there either.

I'm not totally sure the Tcl and Tk are the issue, it may be a red herring, but at the very least I'd love to understand exactly what the compiler is talking about when referencing ReadULEB and ReadSLEB. I can't seem to find anything about that anywhere.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TimP
Honored Contributor III
ifort relies on the libraries presented by the g++ and glibc installations; Tcl/Tk also relies on such libraries. As your g++ apparently is an old version, as is your ifort, while your Tcl/Tk is a very recent version, I might suspect that your linux installation is fairly old and may be missing libraries required by Tcl/Tk. You should see the location of the undefined reference in your error message.
0 Kudos