Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Received message "(0): internal error: backend signals" when compiling code with icpc

Walter_Sosa
Beginner

Hello,
I ran into an issue when trying to compile the attached sample program with icpc (backend_signals.cpp)
Here is the information for the machine I was working on:Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) Kernel 2.6.23.1-42.fc8 on an x86_64
And here is the information about my version of icpc:> icpc -VIntel C++ Intel 64 Compiler XE for applications running on Intel 64,Version 12.1.3.293 Build 20120212

I have 4 different versions of gcc installed on my system: 3.4.6, 4.1.2, 4.3.6, and 4.6.0.I'm not completely aware of all the interactions that occur between gcc and icc, but thiscode sample does not compile with g++-3.4.6.
My commands:> icpc -c backend_signals.cpp[success]> icpc -g -c backend_signals.cpp(0): internal error: backend signals
compilation aborted for backend_signals.cpp (code 4)
The debug flag seems to be what triggers this internal error. I wasn't surewhere to post issues like this or if this was an issue with my code or withthe compiler itself. Please let me know what you think or redirect me tothe appropriate place to post this.
I was also wondering if there was some sort of documentation regardinghow icc interacts with versions of gcc (how does changing the availableversion of gcc affect the behavior of icc?). If there is no dependency, thenis there any relationship between the two?
Thank you (please let me know if you need any other information from me about this issue)

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Sukruth_H_Intel
Employee
Hi,
Thanks for letting us know about this issue. I have escalated this issue to my engineering team and would update you once its been fixed.

Regards,
Sukruth H.V
0 Kudos
Sukruth_H_Intel
Employee
Hi, The issue has been fixed in version 2011 update 12. Please download this version from registrationcenter.intel.com.
0 Kudos