Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Redistributable Packages

maeshiro_mi
Beginner

Hello,

I have some questions about Redistributable Packages.

1. Does my users need to install new Redistributable Packages every time I update Intel Composer?
  2. Where can I donwload proper Redistributable Packages? And how do I know which version is the one?
  3. I found this aticle below about static links of Intel libraries. This says that, Under C/C++ -> Code Generation -> Runtime Library, select "/MT". But, if my project is a DLL, is it OK to select "/MD"?

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/faq-intel-parallel-composer-redistributable-package

Thanks in advance!

[IDE:Visual Studio 2010 Pro, Intel C++ Studio XE 2013 Update4, Target OS:Windows 7 Pro(x64)]

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...1.Does my users need to install new Redistributable Packages every time I update Intel Composer? It make sense to verify if there are changes in binaries and if Yes ( there are changes ) inform customers that new versions need to be downloaded and installed >>...2.Where can I donwload proper Redistributable Packages? And how do I know which version is the one? Intel Software Registration Center https://registrationcenter.intel.com/regcenter/register.aspx These are quotes from MSDN: /MT - Causes your application to use the multithread, static version of the run-time library. Defines _MT and causes the compiler to place the library name LIBCMT.lib into the .obj file so that the linker will use LIBCMT.lib to resolve external symbols. Note: In that case your application should not use any CRT DLLs. /MD - Causes your application to use the multithread- and DLL-specific version of the run-time library. Defines _MT and _DLL and causes the compiler to place the library name MSVCRT.lib into the .obj file
0 Kudos
maeshiro_mi
Beginner

Thank you Sergey!

0 Kudos