Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Redistributable splitted rpms?

bicatali
Beginner
Hi,

I maintain the Gentoo Linux build scripts (called ebuilds) to install the Intel Compilers and Intel software development libraries. Is there a place where we could download the rpms bundled into the tar balls separately? I could do it myself, but I don't quite understand all the license terms to know whether I can redistribute the rpm on the Gentoo mirrors. Let me know if we can do this in the terms of the non-commercial license for Linux.

Splitting the current tar balls of the compiler suites would be really helpful in reducing the big downloads tar balls for users who don't want all the compiler suite libraries. It would also avoid collisions among the files installed by packages (e.g. libomp is installed both by icc and ifort). And finally make the job of maintainers a lot easier.

Thanks for any help,

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Chuck
New Contributor II
Quoting - bicatali
Hi,

I maintain the Gentoo Linux build scripts (called ebuilds) to install the Intel Compilers and Intel software development libraries. Is there a place where we could download the rpms bundled into the tar balls separately? I could do it myself, but I don't quite understand all the license terms to know whether I can redistribute the rpm on the Gentoo mirrors. Let me know if we can do this in the terms of the non-commercial license for Linux.

Splitting the current tar balls of the compiler suites would be really helpful in reducing the big downloads tar balls for users who don't want all the compiler suite libraries. It would also avoid collisions among the files installed by packages (e.g. libomp is installed both by icc and ifort). And finally make the job of maintainers a lot easier.

Thanks for any help,

Greetings,

I am going to transfer this to the C++ Compiler for Linux* forum. This deals more with legal issues and special downloads.

Chuck
0 Kudos
bicatali
Beginner
Any news?

I found this document about re-distributable libraries when shiping a software using the Intel libraries. It does not help in our case where we would like to know whether we are allowed to extract the RPM bundled in the icc and ifort tar balls and placing them on the Gentoo mirrors for the users to download. I doubt we are but I can't find anything about it in the multiple license files.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
bicatali
Beginner
We could really use some advice here, since distributing the rpms would greatly simplify our life as package maintainers for Linux distros.

Thanks.

0 Kudos