Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Redistributing Intel Shared Objects

jburri
Beginner

We are developing a software package that will be delivering to our customer as a shared object. This software package makes use of the Intel compiler (which the customer has) and the Intel MKL (which they may or may not have). As a result, our software has dependencies on a number of Intel shared objects. Namely,

libmkl_intel_lp64.so => /opt/intel/composerxe/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_intel_lp64.so
libmkl_intel_thread.so => /opt/intel/composerxe/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_intel_thread.so
libmkl_core.so => /opt/intel/composerxe/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_core.so

libiomp5.so => /opt/intel/composer_xe_2011_sp1.7.256/compiler/lib/intel64/libiomp5.so
libimf.so => /opt/intel/composer_xe_2011_sp1.7.256/compiler/lib/intel64/libimf.so
libsvml.so => /opt/intel/composer_xe_2011_sp1.7.256/compiler/lib/intel64/libsvml.so
libintlc.so.5 => /opt/intel/composer_xe_2011_sp1.7.256/compiler/lib/intel64/libintlc.so.5

One of my developers said that we can simply include the Intel shared objects with our release and that will solve any potential missing dependency issues. However, before I do this, I want to make sure that I can redistribute Intel shared objects under the terms of the Intel license. As far as I can tell, it looks like it is allowed, but is it specifically outlined somewhere?

Thanks in advance for the help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
You can bundle the specific shared objects required by your application (e.g. include them in a tarball), or take advantage of the redistributable shared object package which is available at https://registrationcenter.intel.com Licenses which don't support commercial distribution (e.g. evaluation, academic, beta) don't carry the privilege of distributing shared objects.
0 Kudos
jburri
Beginner
Great. Thanks for the feedback.
0 Kudos