Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7944 Discussions

Regional setting causes warning #13000: could not open message catalog file: diagscUI.dll

Ricardo_Costa
Beginner
Hello,

When compiling one of my projects with Intel C++ Compiler 11.1.071 (included in Parallel Studio SP1), I get warnings on some .cpp files:

2>Compiling with Intel C++ Compiler 11.1.071 [Intel 64]... (Intel C++ Environment)
2>warning #13000: could not open message catalog file:
2>warning #13000: could not open message catalog file: diagscUI.dll
2>rsa.cpp
2>xtea.cpp
2>bignumber.cpp

Other files in the projectcompile without warnings. I've readthis forum postbut I'm running Windows 7 x64 in English. However, the "Format:" setting in Control Panel - Region and Languageis set to "Portuguese (Brazil)". When I set it to "English (United States)", the warnings are gone. Is this a bug in the compiler or a problem with my installation?

Thanks,
Ricardo.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ricardo_Costa
Beginner
Could someone please take a look into this issue?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
JenniferJ

This is not a bug in the installation or compiler. If you follow this http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/changing-language-setting-to-see-english-on-a-japanese-os-environment-or-vice-versa-on-windows/ , you can see the Japanese diagnostic msg. Right now we only support Japanese message catalog.

The compiler checks your system setting from above areas and decide which msg catalog to load. When the msg catalog doesn't exist, you'll see this msg.

You can safely ignore this msg.

Jennifer
0 Kudos