Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Reporting a bug for Intel C++

eldiener
New Contributor I

How does someone report a bug to Intel about their Parallel Studio XE Professional product ? I searched on the Internet but I could find no bug reporting website for Intel C++ at all. Maybe Intel does not want anyone reporting bugs to them, but I suspect that they actually do. The fact that I could find no bug reporting site is disappointing. I have a developer's license for the Parallel Studio XE Professional product for both Window and Linux.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Google seems happy with search term online service center intel if you don't know supporttickets.intel.com
0 Kudos
eldiener
New Contributor I

Tim P. wrote:

Google seems happy with search term online service center intel if you don't know supporttickets.intel.com

I do not own an Intel product. I have a free developer's license for Parallel Studio XE Professional Edition for C++ for both Windows and Linux. It does not appear as if reporting bugs on these products gets any response on these forums. In which case there is really no point in testing these products if Intel is not interested in bug reports. So I will desist using Intel C++ in order to test Boost software libraries, of which I am a developer and supporter.

0 Kudos
JenniferJ

The Intel Compiler Support team still watches forum postings.

Please attach the test cases for the issue(s) and we can submit them to our bug tracking system.

Thanks!

Jennifer

0 Kudos
eldiener
New Contributor I

Jennifer J. (Intel) wrote:

The Intel Compiler Support team still watches forum postings.

Please attach the test cases for the issue(s) and we can submit them to our bug tracking system.

Thanks!

Jennifer

I reported the same problem at https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-c-compiler/topic/753939 and https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-c-compiler/topic/753979. In both cases the report was completely ignored. This problem has also been reported to Fedora.

0 Kudos
JenniferJ

For all getting started questions/issues, you can submit to Online Service Center for support.

Installation issues like yours, we do need the installation log file.

thanks,

Jennifer

0 Kudos
AFog0
Beginner

Where is the public bug tracking system that other compilers have? I submitted a bug report to supporttickets.intel.com and it was rejected because I don't have a paid license.

The Intel compiler cannot compile the latest version of the vector class library, while Microsoft, Gnu and Clang can. Bug reporting is a service from users to software vendors, not something users should pay for.

Test case attached

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

Thanks for the testcase. I've reported this bug to our Front End (internal bug number is CMPLRIL0-31916)

0 Kudos
eldiener
New Contributor I

Viet Hoang (Intel) wrote:

Thanks for the testcase. I've reported this bug to our Front End (internal bug number is CMPLRIL0-31916)

It is an ongoing problem that when I report a bug in the Intel C++ forum nobody pays any attention to it. It is evident that although you will freely license your C++ compiler to certain developers you have no means for those developers to report valid bugs back to Intel. Essentially you are discouraging anybody except paid supporters from reporting bugs in your software products. This only means that there is zero impetus for me to report any C++ bug in your compiler back to you. I wonder why you even offer your C++ compiler to software developers when you have no means of accepting their feedback except on this forum, where it will most likely be completely ignored.

0 Kudos