Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

SIGSEGV

cunifavo
Beginner
I am getting segmentation fault at:  

signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x00007f21293df7c3 in __kmp_cleanup_threadprivate_caches () at ../../src/kmp_threadprivate.cpp:812

Since, I can't provide code details. Could you please suggest something which could be the possible reason behind this?

My cases run fine in optimize version, but with debug, If I use gdb, I get this following error at the exit of executable.

Anurag

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

..._cleanup_... suggest the error is occurring at thread termination. Can you ascertain as to if the thread termination is expected at that point of execution .OR. is an abnormal termination?

IIF at the expected point of termination (in Debug mode), then check to see if you have specified sufficient stack size. Note, stack size for main thread and additional threads are not (necessarily) the same. Consider experimenting with environment variable KMP_STACKSIZE or kmp_set_stacksize_s() (called prior to 1st parallel region).

OR IF unexpected termination of thread, then you have an error elsewhere in your program that is (appears to be) benign in release mode. Have your built Debug mode with full runtime checks?

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
GouthamK_Intel

Hi,

Could you please let us know whether your issue is resolved or not?

If yes, let us know if we can close this thread.

Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos
GouthamK_Intel

Hi,

As we have not heard back from you, we are considering that your issue has been resolved and we have answered all your queries. So we will no longer respond to this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only 

Have a Good day!

Thanks & Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos