Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

SSE instructions

Smart_Lubobya
Beginner
i have an intel pentium processors and have just installed CPU-Z. when i diagonoise my CPU, it has 2 cores and shows SSE instructions on it. how can i enable these instructions so that i can run programes campatible with c++?please help
0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Quoting - Smart Lubobya
i have an intel pentium processors and have just installed CPU-Z. when i diagonoise my CPU, it has 2 cores and shows SSE instructions on it. how can i enable these instructions so that i can run programes campatible with c++?please help
Intel dual core CPUs support at least SSE3 instructions. Current Intel C++ uses SSE and SSE2 together, as appropriate, with the default compiler setting (/arch:SSE2, for Windows, same as optional setting for MSVC 32-bit). /arch:SSE3 will permit the compiler to use also SSE3 when the opportunity arises, some of them in place of SSE. SSE would be used mainly for supporting float data types.
0 Kudos
Smart_Lubobya
Beginner
Quoting - tim18
Intel dual core CPUs support at least SSE3 instructions. Current Intel C++ uses SSE and SSE2 together, as appropriate, with the default compiler setting (/arch:SSE2, for Windows, same as optional setting for MSVC 32-bit). /arch:SSE3 will permit the compiler to use also SSE3 when the opportunity arises, some of them in place of SSE. SSE would be used mainly for supporting float data types.

thanks, but how can i enable the sse so that i can do some programing staff
0 Kudos
Alexander_C_Intel
What do you mean under enabling the SSE instructions?

Since your processor supports them you don't have to perform aditional actions to enable them from hardware side.

Right way to utilize these instructions is to run a program that has SSE instructiions. You may run existing such program or build your own code with the options that tim18 has mentioned above.
0 Kudos