Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Sample code for ICC flags

Dny
Beginner
Hello All,
I'm new to Intel compilers and working with group for performance optimization of application .
So, I need to understand the effect of ICC flags in the performance of an application and their effects.
To understand the effect of different flags on the performance I need some sample code which can demonstrate the effect of flag.
So can you please tell me where I can find the sample codes for different flags of ICC ?

Thanking You,

Regards,
Digambar
0 Kudos
6 Replies
srimks
New Contributor II
Quoting - digambar.borse
Hello All,
I'm new to Intel compilers and working with group for performance optimization of application .
So, I need to understand the effect of ICC flags in the performance of an application and their effects.
To understand the effect of different flags on the performance I need some sample code which can demonstrate the effect of flag.
So can you please tell me where I can find the sample codes for different flags of ICC ?

Thanking You,

Regards,
Digambar
Probably, use of any Compiler FLAGS depends more on the type of an application being executed and finding sample codes to understand the effect of FLAG can't be obtained collectively at one place.

It's better if you start looking & referring Intel C++ Compiler (ICC) v-11.0 documents like -

- Intel C++ Compiler Building Applications
- Intel C++ Optimizing Applications

and then create sample codes for needed FLAGS for your understanding.

You can also try performing googlian for having sample code for the FLAGS needed.

It's very tough to suggest any single FLAG, suggesting read this documents from ICC and also if you get some from GNU and then refer those FLAGS in your application code.

~BR
0 Kudos
Om_S_Intel
Employee
Quoting - digambar.borse
Hello All,

Thanking You,

Regards,
Digambar

The sample code is available as part of Intel C++ compiler but it is not exhaustive. You may take a look at
C:Program Files (x86)IntelCompiler11.0�72cppSamplesC++samples.htm to get idea.
0 Kudos
srimks
New Contributor II
Quoting - digambar.borse
Hello All,

Thanking You,

Regards,
Digambar

The sample code is available as part of Intel C++ compiler but it is not exhaustive. You may take a look at
C:Program Files (x86)IntelCompiler11.0�72cppSamplesC++samples.htm to get idea.
If you are using Linux x86_84 machine, please have a look on PATH -

/apps/intel/cce/11.0.074/Samples/C++

It does has samples codes for intrinsic, openmp, pgo, vectorization and ipo.

I personally think these examples are good to start with for beginners ...

Happy learning..

~BR
0 Kudos
Om_S_Intel
Employee
Quoting - srimks

Happy learning..

~BR

You may signup for Intel Parallel studio beta program to get access to OpenMP tuturial atC:Program FilesIntelComposer2009Samplesen_USC++NQueensnq-openmp-intel.

0 Kudos
Dny
Beginner
Quoting - srimks

Happy learning..

~BR

Hello Srimks,

Thanks for your reply ,

I already looked at the same code for SIMS, ipo , but I'm looking for same sample codes for other optimization flags like unroll, opt-prefetch, static etc.

Thanking you,
Digambar.
0 Kudos
srimks
New Contributor II
Quoting - digambar.borse

Hello Srimks,

Thanks for your reply ,

I already looked at the same code for SIMS, ipo , but I'm looking for same sample codes for other optimization flags like unroll, opt-prefetch, static etc.

Thanking you,
Digambar.
Digambar,

I did suggested - referring Intel C++ Compiler (ICC) v-11.0 documents like -

- Intel C++ Compiler Building Applications
- Intel C++ Optimizing Applications

ICC Optimizing Applications document do has the sample of examples for unroll, prefectnta, etc.

~BR

0 Kudos