Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Schedule for C++14 support

Michael_S_19
Beginner

Hi folks,

From https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/c14-features-supported-by-intel-c-compiler I know that at least some C++14 features are supported by the 16.0 version of the C++ compiler. I was wondering if there is a (tentative) schedule available that shows when the remaining C++14 features will be implemented?

Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KitturGanesh
Employee

Hi Michael,
With every release the product team does enhance existing features and add new features as well but we don’t have any externally published schedule per-se.  I’ll keep you updated as soon as the remaining C++ 14 features are implemented in subsequent releases. Appreciate your patience till then.

BTW, can you let me know which C++14 features in particular are you interested so I can pass on to the product team? Appreciate your input, thanks

_Kittur

0 Kudos
Michael_S_19
Beginner

Hi Kittur,

Thanks for your reply. Can you at least tell me if there are any C++14 updates planned (tentatively) for the 16.x series of the compiler? The most relevant feature we're eagerly waiting for is extended constexpr (N3652).

Yours

Michael

0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee

Hi Michael,
Let me check with the product team and will update you accordingly - thanks.

_Kittur 

0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee

Hi Michael,
The complete c++14 support is anticipated (no commitment and hence I say anticipated) to be in the next major release (17.0) next year but it doesn’t mean that the product team may not consider putting some significant new features in the 16.0 updates depending on their schedule constraints etc. That said, I’ll keep you updated if an update release (16.0) contains any new feature or the constexpr feature you’re interested.  BTW, I’ve passed on your comments and request to the product team, thanks.

_Kittur

0 Kudos