Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Simple wstring comparison causes link failure on Windows. VS 2019 16.7 , ICC 19.1 Update 4

#include <string>

int main()
{
std::wstring a(L"abc");
std::wstring b(L"cde");
bool result = a == b;

}

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol wmemcmp

This was reported a year ago, and re-reported at each release. It makes <filesystem> pretty useless.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Hi Andrew,

Could you please specify for which version of Visual studio you are getting this issue? You have already mentioned the version as 16.7 but I need the subversion too in format 16.7.x, so I can upgrade to that specific version and check.

I have already tested your code with 2020u4 compiler on VS 16.3 and found no errors.

Regards

Prasanth

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Andrew,

We haven't heard back from you. Please let us know the Visual Studio version you are getting this bug.

I am providing a document for reference to check which Visual Studio version should be used for each Parallel studio version. I have tested the code in Visual Studio 16.7.2, which according to the document is the latest compatible version, and found no errors.

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/intel-compilers-compatibility-with-mic...

Regards

Prasanth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

You are correct the problem appears to be fixed in the latest 19.1 Update

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the confirmation.

We are closing this thread; we will no longer monitor the thread. Please raise a new thread if you have any further queries. any discussion will be considered community only

Regards

Prasanth

0 Kudos