Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Slow license check

samuel_p_
Beginner

Hi,

Here i have the same behaviour: when i try to compile the compiler tooks a long time verifying the license.

Is there abybody that has found a solution for this error.

Thanks, Sam.

0 Kudos
61 Replies
KitturGanesh
Employee

Great, thanks Samuel! Yes, appreciate if you could attach the flexlm logfile generated after setting the environment variable FLEXLM_DIAGNOSTICS=3 by email, thanks much,

_Kittur

0 Kudos
samuel_p_
Beginner

When i run the command with those flags, i'm not getting any log, just the output of the previous post.

Must i find in anothe path for any log?

Cheers

0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee

Thanks Samuel, yes basically I wanted you to set the environment variable (FLEXLM_DIAGNOSTICS=3) on the client system (make sure to export that variable so it's visible to the process) and run the compiler once and send us the log output on the system.

Regards,
Kittur

0 Kudos
samuel_p_
Beginner

Hi: here is the output of the command

icc -v
Checkout succeeded: CCompL/4EE3B5616E29
    License file: /opt/intel/licenses/master1-flex.lic
    License Server: 28518@master1
icc version 15.0.4 (gcc version 4.8.5 compatibility)

And this is the output of the log file:

10:29:16 (INTEL) OUT: "I911420AC" root@cnf002  
10:29:16 (INTEL) OUT: "CCompL" root@cnf002  
10:29:17 (INTEL) IN: "CCompL" root@cnf002  
10:29:17 (INTEL) IN: "I911420AC" root@cnf002

The rest of the output is the same, but with another nodes.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee

Great, thanks much Samuel. I've already passed on the log info to the licensing group and will keep you updated as soon as I hear from them. Appreciate your patience till then.

_Kittur

0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee

Hi Samuel,
Can you please email me the license file from the master1 server, and the license file from the client (cnf002) at /opt/licenses/master1-flex.lic?  We need to look at these license files for further investigation - appreciate much.

_Kittur

0 Kudos
samuel_p_
Beginner

Hi Kittur:

I have sent you a private message with the licenses files.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee

Great, thanks Samuel. I've responded on what you should do to resolve the issue.  Basically, you should get rid of the duplicate license file on the client system so it doesn't know anything about the feature code without contacting the server. Also, you can set the environment variable INTEL_LICENSE_FILE=28518@<your master nodename>.  It appears that your server is using an old license file that doesn't contain the new 2015 compiler feature code which is why it fails to find the same. You therefore need to get the new license file from Intel Registration Center and install that new license file from the server but make sure to get rid of the client license file so it works without any conflicts. Please refer to the private email I sent you as well, thanks.
_Kittur

0 Kudos
samuel_p_
Beginner

Thanks Kittur!

I have answered you with a private message.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee

Got it, thanks Samuel. I'll pass on your feedback again to the licensing team and update you as soon I receive update from them, appreciate much.

_Kittur

0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee

Hi Samuel,
Can you please attach the server log file after rereading the new license file or restarting the license server? You can send that info to me like before, thanks.

Thanks much,
Kittur

0 Kudos
Tomás_P_
Beginner

Hi Kittur,

I'm working with Samuel, I've just sent you a private message.

Thank you,

Gines

0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee

Great, thanks much Tomas, I received your email offline with the info which I've passed on to the license team. I'll get back to you as soon as I've an update, appreciate much.
_Kittur

0 Kudos
Tomás_P_
Beginner

Thank you for your cooperation.
We are looking forward to hearing from you

0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee

Of course, Tomas. I've passed on the logs and I'll update you as soon as I get an update from their investigation, appreciate much.
_Kittur

0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee

Hi Thomas/Samuel,
Can you please use
 the "fully qualified domain name or IP address" in your port@host setting instead of the short name (like 28518@master1.domain.com or 28518@<ip address>). The checkouts are coming from the license server and there doesn’t seem to be any conflicting license file, so we should make sure the network isn’t adding any delays from this system to at least need to rule it out.

Can you please do that and let me know?
Thanks,
Kittur

0 Kudos
Tomás_P_
Beginner

Hi Kittur,

It doesn't work, I have just sent you a private message with more info.

Thank you

0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee

Hi Tomas, appreciate if you could respond to my private email I sent you, thanks.
_Kittur

0 Kudos
Tomás_P_
Beginner

Hi Kittur,

Thank you very much for your help. I hope that the license group help us to solve this issue.

Regards

0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee

Hi Tomas/Nathan,
The 16.0 Update 2 product was released just days ago. Can you please try out this new product release and let me know if you still have issues with the new release or is resolved?
Thanks,
Kittur

0 Kudos
Tomás_P_
Beginner

Hi Kittur,

Could you send me the link to download the parallel_studio_xe_2016_update2.tgz file? My support period for my license has expired and I can not download the version 2 (only the 1).

Thanks

0 Kudos