Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Smooth install

Intel_C_Intel
Employee

Dear C/C++ friends,

As a small experiment, I decided to temporarily change my role as compiler engineer into customer, and install the Intel 9.0 C++ compiler on my personal computer (Windows XP Professional with Norton Antivirus 2004). First, I installed MS Visual C++ .NET 2003 (around $100 in the local store), which took a long time, but went without complications. Second, I created and run a few projects to test the install. Finally, I installed the Intel 9.0 C++ compiler together with Visual integration from CD. After I prompted the Antivirus program to allow this whole activity once, the install went smoothly in less than 5 minutes. Also, all the project conversions to the Intel compiler went without any complications. The property page for C++ builds provides several pre-set options for optimizations (although the command line still seems the most useful for expert users of our compiler).

So, although I realize others still may encounter difficulties that are not necessarily their own fault, I also wanted to get the message out that smooth installs can happen :-)

Aart Bik
http://www.aartbik.com/

0 Kudos
0 Replies