Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Snow Leopard compatibility

David_Pol
Beginner
Hello,

I've just upgraded my system to Snow Leopard and, as per this article, the Intel C++ compiler is not compatible with it yet. Is there any information on a possible future update that adds compatibility with Mac OS X v10.6?

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Om_S_Intel
Employee

You may not get information on future products unless they are in BETA phase.

I believe the development team must be working on it.
0 Kudos
David_Pol
Beginner
Ah, I see; that's nice to know.

Thank you for your answer.
0 Kudos
pmkenny1234
Beginner

I am also very much interested in this as well. I recently upgraded to Mac OS 10.6 and was very disappointed to find that no released version of the C++ compiler seems to work with Snow Leopard. If there is a known workaround to at least get it compiling something I would be very appreciative. To have to reinstall the entire OS on my dev machine would be a huge undertaking just to get this compiler to work.
0 Kudos
Om_S_Intel
Employee

I have submitted a feature request to compiler development team. I will post an update when the feature is implemented and the compiler is posted for download.
0 Kudos
Quoc-An_L_Intel

The current 11.1.058 available for download was built before the official release of 10.6.That version was not tested on the official release. The official release changes quite a bit from the earlier10.6seeds release by Apple.

The plan is to post the 11.1 update with support for Snow Leopard in the next week or so. I would recommend that you wait for this update.
0 Kudos
pmkenny1234
Beginner
Quoting - Qale (Intel)

The current 11.1.058 available for download was built before the official release of 10.6.That version was not tested on the official release. The official release changes quite a bit from the earlier10.6seeds release by Apple.

The plan is to post the 11.1 update with support for Snow Leopard in the next week or so. I would recommend that you wait for this update.

Excellent! Thanks for the update on the...umm...update. I've reinstalled 10.5 on my personal laptop and used that to build in the interim. It is reassuring to know that I will not be commandeering the laptop my wife likes to use for work for much longer. =)
0 Kudos
Quoc-An_L_Intel
Quoting - pmkenny1234

Excellent! Thanks for the update on the...umm...update. I've reinstalled 10.5 on my personal laptop and used that to build in the interim. It is reassuring to know that I will not be commandeering the laptop my wife likes to use for work for much longer. =)

Split up your system'shard disk with "disk utility", and try dual boot. It works great for me.

0 Kudos
Quoc-An_L_Intel

Support for OSX 10.6 / Xcode 3.2 is now available for download, version 11.1.067.
0 Kudos