Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Support for Xcode 3.1?

ralph_ganszky
Beginner
Hi,

do anyone know when Intel will support Xcode 3.1 with its Compiler suite for Mac OS X?

Thanks and best regards
Ralph
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Quoc-An_L_Intel

Xcode 3.1 is still in beta.It is currently not supported.

Support for Xcode 3.1 willadded shortly afterXcode 3.1 is release as an official product. Usually this takes place in the first Intel compiler update after the official product release of Xcode 3.1.

0 Kudos
Max_M_
Beginner
On a MacBook running Mac OS X 10.5.4 I have installed in this order:
- Xcode 3.1
- ICC 10.1.15
- IFORT 10.1.15

When I click on a target to choose the intel compiler, it does not appear in the list of available ones.

I have checked the folder for the plug-ins of Xcode and I have noticed that in /Library/Application Support/Developer/ there are 2 folders: 2.5 e 3.0 (probably residuals from previous versions of Xcode).

If I duplicate the folder 3.0 and rename it in 3.1 the compilers finally appears in the list, but building of a project does not go thorugh (while using the system default compiler: GCC 4.0 it works)

Can you point me toward the correct instruction on how to integrate the ICC 10.1.15 compilers in Xcode 3.1?
0 Kudos
MDavi
Beginner
Well, XCode 3.1 is not a beta anymore. I downloaded it, and installed it BESIDE Xcode 3.0.

2 Questions:

1. When can we expect an ICC 10.1.xxx to support XCode 3.1? this is becoming tight on our schedules.

2. Will ICC installer support both XCode 3.1 as the main development environment AND the installation of XCode 3.1 beside other versions of XCode?

0 Kudos
Max_M_
Beginner
This is what is written in another thread:

---
http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=58435#57662

Xcode 3.1 and the Intel Compilers for Mac OS X:

Compiler integration support for Xcode 3.1 under Mac OS* X is not available at this time. Currently, the Intel Compilers for Mac OS* X support Xcode 3.0, 2.5.x and 2.4.x.

Compiler integration support with Xcode 3.1 will be added shortly after Xcode 3.1 is released as an official product. The earliest this could occur is in the first Intel compiler update after the official product release of Xcode 3.1.
---

So we have to wait for the next compiler update.
0 Kudos
drd
Beginner

I understand that version 10.1.017 is supposed to support xcode 3.1 (3.1.1 too I hope?) I've installed 3.1.1, uninstalled the previous compiler, and installed .017. My project(s) compile fine with GCC, however I'm getting strange compile errors using the intel compiler which I did not see with the previous version on the same code base. It seems the 3.1 update has installed some new headers / frameworks though...

here's the error, well, hunderds of them all the same ;)

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/CFNetwork.framework/Headers/CFNetworkErrors.h(53): error: expected a ";"
CFN_EXPORT const CFStringRef kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork __OSX_AVAILABLE_STARTING(__MAC_10_5,__IPHONE_1_2);

What is seems to be complaining about, is the definition of __OSX_AVAILABLE_STARTING, which if you track down, depends on the definition of:

__ENVIRONMENT_MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED__

It's not quite clear to me whether this is supposed to be defined by the compiler or not, or depends on some other define... but digging through defines is no fun so I thought I'd ask first.

Any clues?

Thx :)

0 Kudos
Quoc-An_L_Intel
0 Kudos