Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

TRACKER : : error TRK0002:

DPart1
Beginner

I just installed Parallel Studio XE and just tried to build my project using Intel C++ instead of MSVC.

When I try to build I get:

1>TRACKER : : error TRK0002: Failed to execute command: ""C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2020\windows\bin\Intel64\icl.exe" @C:\Users\amonra\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpcd93e637ab564ee4b93b363a73c649f8.rsp". The parameter is incorrect.

If this is the wrong forum I apologise, but I didn't find one for Parallel Studio XE.

Thanks David

0 Kudos
27 Replies
DPart1
Beginner

No it isn't a viable option to downgrade the installed version of VS2017 (15.9.14) to an earlier build.

0 Kudos
DPart1
Beginner

To expand on my previous post - the reason I can't realistically to downgrade VS2017 is that I'm right in the middle of a beta/release candidate/release cycle.

David

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

The problem with VS versions that released after the compiler built date is that we wouldn't be able to validate that VS versions at that time. Hence, unexpected issues might occur.

0 Kudos
DPart1
Beginner

Of course you can test with later versions - you just install them!

If you have a link to download VS Community 15.9.2 I will be able to try that in a few days.   I tried to find the file on MS website but failed.

David

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

Yes, but what I meant was that, at the time we released IPXE2020 update 1, this VS version was not able for us to validate. As a result, we couldn't able to catch such this case.

0 Kudos
PrasanthD_intel

Hi David,

Please refer to this article Intel® Compilers compatibility with Microsoft Visual Studio* and... to check the compatible Visual Studio version with respect to the OneAPI toolkit version.

Let us know if your issue is resolved with the latest Intel OneAPI toolkit so we can close the case.

Regards

Prasanth

0 Kudos
PrasanthD_intel

Hi,

We are closing this thread. We will no longer respond to this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only

Regards

Prasanth

0 Kudos