Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

This site is slow .........

aazue
New Contributor I
Dear Intel group observed this site is slow
I dont know where your problem but is not an well image for the first constructor processor in the world... slowing is increased all days
??? I hope that you can resolve this problem
Best regards
0 Kudos
11 Replies
JenniferJ
Sorry about the inconvenience. It's been reported and we're still investigating why.

The tracking # is 2489.
0 Kudos
aazue
New Contributor I
Sorry about the inconvenience. It's been reported and we're still investigating why.

The tracking # is 2489.
Dear
Thank that you have take account.
Best regards

0 Kudos
levicki
Valued Contributor I

The tracking # is 2489.

I second this Jennifer, it takes me on average 30 seconds between a click and a response and I have relatively good DSL connection. I have done a traceroute and your server (software.intel.com) is only 14 hops away from me but there seems to be some congestion in transit through Cable & Wireless network:
[cpp]C:>tracert software.intel.com

Tracing route to a163.b.akamai.net [195.27.154.65]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     3 ms     3 ms     2 ms  home [10.0.0.1]
  2    23 ms    17 ms    17 ms  79.101.188.1
  3    59 ms    19 ms    19 ms  212.200.15.149
  4    20 ms    19 ms    19 ms  212.200.17.46
  5    20 ms    19 ms    19 ms  212.200.232.109
  6    28 ms    17 ms    17 ms  212.200.6.98
  7    24 ms    25 ms    25 ms  bpt-b2-link.telia.net [213.248.96.157]
  8    27 ms    25 ms    27 ms  bpt-b1-link.telia.net [213.248.96.97]
  9    43 ms   228 ms   157 ms  ffm-bb1-link.telia.net [80.91.251.182]
 10    44 ms    43 ms   240 ms  ffm-b6-link.telia.net [80.91.254.161]
 11     *      119 ms     *     cable-wireless-111208-ffm-b6.c.telia.net [213.248.68.214]
 12     *        *      159 ms  ge-3-2-0-bcr2.fra.cw.net [166.63.193.205]
 13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 14    49 ms   283 ms   296 ms  195.27.154.65[/cpp]

Take a look for yourself.

0 Kudos
JenniferJ
Our engineers did find several issues that might fix this problem. But it takes some time to coordinate the push. It should happen soon.

0 Kudos
levicki
Valued Contributor I
Our engineers did find several issues that might fix this problem. But it takes some time to coordinate the push. It should happen soon.

Hi Jen,
This is really awfull at the moment, to the point of being unusable. Please fix is as soon as possible. It takes me several times longer to navigate the forum than to think of and post an answer. It is really frustrating.

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Internal statistics showed that fewer pages than normal were viewed per visit in the last full week. The obvious explanation is not a popular one. One would think it might be correlated to time required to respond to page serve requests. That's probably too old fashioned a view to go anywhere.
0 Kudos
levicki
Valued Contributor I
Quoting - tim18
Internal statistics showed that fewer pages than normal were viewed per visit in the last full week. The obvious explanation is not a popular one. One would think it might be correlated to time required to respond to page serve requests. That's probably too old fashioned a view to go anywhere.

Hehehe, damn right it is correlated. Nobody wants to spend ages waiting for the page to load. People have better things to do with their valuable time.

I still don't get it how Intel being the company that sells server CPUs can't rack up a server farm with optics and load distribution to host the website properly. But perhaps they do have a server farm only with Intel CPUs -- they might try replacing them with AMD server CPUs, maybe it will work faster :-p

0 Kudos
aazue
New Contributor I
Quoting - Igor Levicki
Quoting - tim18

Hehehe, damn right it is correlated. Nobody wants to spend ages waiting for the page to load. People have better things to do with their valuable time.

I still don't get it how Intel being the company that sells server CPUs can't rack up a server farm with optics and load distribution to host the website properly. But perhaps they do have a server farm only with Intel CPUs -- they might try replacing them with AMD server CPUs, maybe it will work faster :-p

Hi
With hope that you wait improved Intel site with smile ...

http://82.127.82.195:8080/cgi-bin/pgsql-cgi/frameternal1?fXcallfXc=&nbase=&GoGlStRiNgQuErY=intelicc&xxx=en&yyy=Gr
Four frames intel forum icc merged (server :808O that use G++)
Intel C++ Compiler
Intel Integrated Performance Primitives
Intel Threading Building Blocks
Intel VTune Performance Analyzer

http://82.127.82.195:8082/cgi-bin/pgsql-cgi/frameternal1?fXcallfXc=&nbase=&GoGlStRiNgQuErY=intel&xxx=en&yyy=Gr
Same that previous but (server :8082 that used ICC)

http://82.127.82.195:8082/cgi-bin/pgsql-cgi/frameternal1?fXcallfXc=&nbase=&GoGlStRiNgQuErY=4iccintel&xxx=en&yyy=Gr
Four repeated same frames intel forum icc (server :8082 that use ICC)
If you talk to a deaf you must repeat 4 times (#pragma deaf)

Best regards

0 Kudos
JenniferJ
Several fixes have been pushed live yesterday, but there will be more fixes coming soon. Thanks again for your patience.

btw, bustaf;
The creative movie is right to the point. We understand the frastration.

I've felt the pain as well. Two times I pushed the "Add your Post" twice because nothing happened after I click on it first time so I clicked it again. It ended up two same responses and I had to delete one.

But more fixes are on the way.
0 Kudos
levicki
Valued Contributor I
Several fixes have been pushed live yesterday, but there will be more fixes coming soon. Thanks again for your patience.

btw, bustaf;

I've felt the pain as well. Two times I pushed the "Add your Post" twice because nothing happened after I click on it first time so I clicked it again. It ended up two same responses and I had to delete one.

You are lucky, you can at least delete your own double posts.
0 Kudos
aazue
New Contributor I
Quoting - Igor Levicki

btw, bustaf;

You are lucky, you can at least delete your own double posts.

Dear
Now access is improved
Thank Jennifer Jiang for your intervention as resulting now resolved, faster access.
Best regards

0 Kudos