Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7939 Discussions

Transfer fixed license from one machine to another - how?

theronbo
Beginner
I have fixed licensed installed on one machine - and want to transfer the license to another.

How can I do that?

I saw directions for moving floating licenses from one flexlm lic server to another ... not at all what I want to do.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee
There is a knowledge base article:
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/change--serverhost-data-node-locked-or-floating-license/
Does this help?
Regards, Hubert.
0 Kudos
theronbo
Beginner
I reviewed that page.

When I click on 'manage' for the fixed / node locked licenses ....

I do not have the option to 'modify hostid'
0 Kudos
levicki
Valued Contributor I
From my personal experience with FlexLM, floating licenses can generally be rehosted on your own when needed.

Node locked licenses however cannot be rehosted because allowing that would basically allow you to create licenses for multiple computers.

If you cannot just install the compiler on another computer and provide the license file during setup, then your only option is to contact technical support (premier.intel.com, or maybe even phone), and ask for your existing node-locked license to be revoked and reissued. Hopefully Intel will trust you to stop using the old one. I also suggest you to get a floating license instead if possible because it is more flexible.

0 Kudos