Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Trying To Build Boost.Regex

vetroxl
Beginner
Hi,
I'm having problems building the boost.regex lib. What does this error mean?
C:\\dev\\boost_1_44_0\\boost\\regex\\v4\\match_results.hpp(543) (col. 4): internal err
or: 0_1374
C:\\dev\\boost_1_44_0\\boost\\regex\\v4\\match_results.hpp(543) (col. 4): internal error: 0_1374
It worked under version 11.060
Thanks,
Vittorio
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Milind_Kulkarni__Int
New Contributor II
Is it happening with address-model=64 .
Please see this similar thread:--

http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=77139

though I believe DPD200160085 addresses this, it would be better to have preprocessed file, to confirm and attach to bug report.

Also, according to the thread 77139, it does not come with win32. Please let us know.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Judith_W_Intel
Employee

All internal errors indicate the compiler has gotten into some unstable state or some assertion is being triggered -- which means there's a bug in the compiler.

As usual we can't fix it unless you provide us with a way to reproduce it, i.e. (1) source code (preferably one preproccessed file) (2) the version of the Intel compiler you are using and (3) any compiler flags necessary to trigger the bug.

thanks
Judy
0 Kudos
Mark_S_Intel1
Employee
Please add the /P to your compilation options for the file in question, recompile, and send us the resulting .i file and we will look into this issue.

Thanks,
--mark
0 Kudos
Milind_Kulkarni__Int
New Contributor II
Is it happening with address-model=64 .
Please see this similar thread:--

http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=77139

though I believe DPD200160085 addresses this, it would be better to have preprocessed file, to confirm and attach to bug report.

Also, according to the thread 77139, it does not come with win32. Please let us know.
0 Kudos
vetroxl
Beginner
Yes. Sorry, I searched the forums and I did not come up with this result. But it is the exact same problem. If I build in 32 bit mode and my app is in 64 bit mode, is this safe to do?
0 Kudos
Mark_S_Intel1
Employee
>>If I build in 32 bit mode and my app is in 64 bit mode, is this safe to do?
If you mean your build development system is a 32-bit system or has a 32-bit operating system and you are trying to build a 64-bit target, then yes; it is fine to do so. You can cross build 64-build binaries on a 32-bit
system.

This issue has been resolved in the parallel Studio 2011 XE (containing compiler version 12.0) that was released yesterday. The fix has not been incorporated intot he 11.1 compiler due to potential sideaffects it might cause.

--mark
0 Kudos