Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Trying to convert a VS2012 project generated with CMake via ICProjConvert130 fails

Taron
Beginner

Hello,

we are just switching our build enviroment to VS2012. Unfortunatly i encounterd some problems on the way.

Old setup (works fine):
Generating Project with CMake for VS2008 (x64)
Convert Project via ICProjConvert130 to a Intel Project
Build with devenv.

New Setup:
Generating Project with CMake for VS2012 (x64)
Converting Project with ICProjConvert130 fails with following warnings:
The "Intel C++ Composer XE 13.0" platform toolset for "x64" platform in "Debug" configuration does not exist.
The "Intel C++ Composer XE 13.0" platform toolset for "x64" platform in "Release" configuration does not exist.
The "Intel C++ Composer XE 13.0" platform toolset for "x64" platform in "MinSizeRel" configuration does not exist.
The "Intel C++ Composer XE 13.0" platform toolset for "x64" platform in "RelWithDebInfo" configuration does not exist.

However when i open the solution in VS2012 and use the composer integration to switch the project to use the intel compiler it works fine.
Am I missing something or doing something wrong? Why doesn't it work? I need it working from commandline for our automatic build-system.

We use Cmake version 2.8.8, VS2012 Premium, ICProjConverter 13.0.1179.2008 (Beta).

0 Kudos
8 Replies
VADIM_G_Intel
Employee
Hi Taron, This bug should be fixed in 13.0 Update 1. ICProjConverter 13.0.1193.2008. Thanks, Vadim.
0 Kudos
PavithraDe_S_Intel

Hello

I am trying to build chromium with Intel Compiler. I get the following warning when I tried to switch from Microsoft compiler to Intel compiler using the command prompt.

Warning: After setting to use Intel C++

The Intel C++ Compiler XE 13.0" platform toolset for "" platform in "" configuration does not exist

Solution ""xxx.sln" was not updated.

Using the icl command, I came to know that the version of the compiler is 13.1.2.190 build 20130514. I would like to know whether it is the same issue as specified in the above posts and how to resolve it.

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...I am trying to build chromium with Intel Compiler... What is Chromium? If this is some software you need to be more specific, version, update, 32-bit or 64-bit platform, etc.
0 Kudos
PavithraDe_S_Intel

Chromium is the open source browser with details listed in the following link

http://www.chromium.org/Home

I am trying to build using chrome.sln which is the final solution file(it comes along with the source code).

With Visual Studio 2010 IDE and Microsoft compiler, I could successfully perform the entire build process. With the Intel compiler and Visual Studio IDE I could atleast start the build process although there are lot of errors due to compatibility problems with the Intel compiler.

I tried to switch over to the Intel compiler using command prompt and during that time, I get the errors as specified in the previous post. I am using Windows 7 platform 64 bit, Visual Studio 2010, Intel Composer XE 2013 update 4 version.

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...With the Intel compiler and Visual Studio IDE I could atleast start the build process although there are lot of errors due to >>compatibility problems with the Intel compiler... Intel C++ compiler is highly compatible with Microsoft C++ compiler. However, there could be some issues with support of C++11 standard. Please post / provide compilation logs for review. I looked at www.chromium.org/Home and I see that lots of steps need to be done to set a build environment. Since you've built the project with Microsoft C++ compiler this is a good sign that everything is set properly on your computer. Once again, post a compilation log with Intel C++ compiler.
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II

>>...With the Intel compiler and Visual Studio IDE I could atleast start the build process although there are lot of errors due to >>compatibility problems with the Intel compiler...

Intel C++ compiler is highly compatible with Microsoft C++ compiler. However, there could be some issues with support of C++11 standard. Please post / provide compilation logs for review.

I looked at project web-site and I see that lots of steps need to be done to set a build environment. Since you've built the project with Microsoft C++ compiler this is a good sign that everything is set properly on your computer.

Once again, post a compilation log with Intel C++ compiler.

0 Kudos
JenniferJ

In the future please start a new thread for the new issue. The original issue was answered.

Also as Sergey suggested, please post the build log or all the commands you're using.

Jennifer

0 Kudos
PavithraDe_S_Intel

Steps performed:

1) Set path for devenv.exe(Visual Studio),  ICC compiler(program files->common files->Intel->shared files->ia32->bin)

Open command prompt and move to the project location

2) Used the following to set visual studio with Intel compiler

icProjConvert130.exe  chrome.sln /IC:"Intel C++ Compiler XE 13.0"

Source: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/ICProjConvert100

Snapshot of the result obtained after executing this command:(Getting the error even befoe the compilation begins, that is when trying to set Visual Studio with Intel Compiler)

The project file "C:\chrome\src\v8\tools\gyp\v8_nosnapshot.ia32.vcxproj" - warning(s) after setting to use Intel C++:

The "Intel C++ Compiler XE 13.0" platform toolset for "" platform in "" configuration does not exist.

The project file "C:\chrome\src\third_party\zlib\zip.vcxproj" - warning(s) after  setting to use Intel C++:

The "Intel C++ Compiler XE 13.0" platform toolset for "" platform in "" configuration does not exist.

The project file "C:\chrome\src\third_party\zlib\zlib.vcxproj" - warning(s) after setting to use Intel C++:

Solution "C:\chrome\src\chrome\chrome.sln" was not updated

Platform used: Windows 7, 64bit (Microsoft Visual Studio 2010, Intel Composer XE 13.0)

0 Kudos