Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

UI issue in a Splash Dialog of Visual Studio 2008 after installation of Update 2 for Intel C++ compiler version 13

SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II

I detected a small UI issue in a Splash Dialog of Visual Studio 2008 ( Professional Edition ) after installation of Update 2 for Intel C++ compiler version 13:

Update 2 string is Not displayed and take a look at attached screenshot. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Here it is: vs2008splashdialog.jpg
0 Kudos
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Sergey,

Thank you for your report.  I'm trying to find a machine with VS2008 and see if the problem is still persists in Update 3.  Did you get a chance to try Update 3?

Thank you.
--
Feilong H.
Intel Developer Support

Tools Knowledge Base:  http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/tools

0 Kudos
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Sergey,

I'm entering this issue to our problem-tracking database.  And will let you know when I have an update from engineering team.

Feilong

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Hi Feilong, >>Did you get a chance to try Update 3?.. No because I decided to skip Update 3. Thanks for the confirmation of that UI issue.
0 Kudos
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Sergey,

I heard from compiler engineering team.  They confirmed that this is an intended behavior, because the title of C++ Composer XE (and Fortran Composer XE) is long enough.  Adding update number to splash screen will result in truncation of title (like VTune Amplifier XE).  IMHO, it's better to remove update number for VTune Amplifier XE as well.

Feilong

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...They confirmed that this is an intended behavior, because the title of C++ Composer XE (and Fortran Composer XE) >>is long enough. Adding update number to splash screen will result in truncation of title (like VTune Amplifier XE). >>IMHO, it's better to remove update number for VTune Amplifier XE as well. Thanks for these details. I think information in the Splash Dialog of any Visual Studio needs to be consistent and if you decide to remove 'Update X' parts it needs to be done for all Intel software listed in the Splash Dialog. Also, as a compromise abbreviations could be used, like 'U4' instead of 'Update 4'. I found that information about latest Update(s) of Intel software in the Splash Dialog is very useful.
0 Kudos