Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Ubuntu 12

jofre_j_
Beginner

Anybody has install C++ compiler in Ubuntu 12?

is It works well?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
dpeterc
Beginner
I have it working on OpenSuse 12.2, which contains roughly the same kernel and gcc versions. It works very well, in spite of not being officially supported. I have installed Intel C compiler in prevoius versions of Ubuntu, and it worked. I have finally abandoned Ubuntu, since Unity was just unbearable, and administration tools were too fragmented (compared to Suse).
0 Kudos
Dmitrichenko__Max
No, it doesn't work well. But there is workaround here: http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/326646
0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee
The underlying problem is that the install script may not be executed correctly under Ubuntu's default dash system shell. You need to (temporarily) switch to bash for installation: $ sudo rm /bin/sh $ sudo ln -s /bin/bash /bin/sh Or if you don't have (sudo) root rigthts, change the Shebang line in the install scripts (.sh) from #!/bin/s to #!/bin/bash. Then start installation. If you however did unsuccessful installs before you may need to remove /root/.rpmdb or $HOME/.rpmdb first to start the installer again. If you need more help, let me know what exactly fails. Regards, Hubert.
0 Kudos
javier_m_1
Beginner

Hi, I just got a single board computer which contains a Intel Atom E3826 processor. This board is the conga IA3. I want to run Linux in this single board computer, specially Ubuntu so I would like to know if this is possible or if it is necessary to install any BSP.

Best regards.

Javier

0 Kudos
javier_m_1
Beginner

Hi, I just got a single board computer which contains a Intel Atom E3826 processor. This board is the conga IA3. I want to run Linux in this single board computer, specially Ubuntu so I would like to know if this is possible or if it is necessary to install any BSP.

Best regards.

Javier

0 Kudos
mangesh_g_
Beginner

can any1 tell me the procedure of porting linux on intel atomE3826 board

0 Kudos