Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Unable to Integrate IC9.1.028 to VC7.1 (VS .NET 2003)

core_lance
Beginner
I'm trying the evaluation edition of a recent copy of Intel Compiler 9.1 with Visual Studio .NET 2003 Enterprise Architect already installed in my system.

For unknown reasons, there is no sign of any integration (the menus shown in the documentation are all missing) although I've installed, uninstalled and reinstalled the integration package a number of times.

I've also tried to unregister and reregister the DLLs, but no avail. (One interesting fact is OptPkg.dll is able to be unregistered no matter how many times you try it without reregistering it, and registering it will produce an error message)

I've tried using integrate.bat but no luck.

I've tried copying the registry from HKLM to HKCU but no avail.

I've inspected the VS2003 packages registry, it only contains one entry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftVisualStudio7.1Packages{D6EEEC80-45EA-4CA7-AE30-74700CA09F81}]
@="Intel C++ Compiler Integration Package, Property Pages"
"InprocServer32"="C:\Program Files\Intel\Compiler\VS Integration\C++\VSNet2003\IntelPkg.dll"
"CompanyName"="Intel Corporation"
"ProductName"="Intel C++ Compiler Integration Package, Property Pages"
"ProductVersion"="9.1"
"MinEdition"="Standard"
"ID"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftVisualStudio7.1Packages{D6EEEC80-45EA-4CA7-AE30-74700CA09F81}Automation]
"ICProjects"="Intel C++ Projects Automation"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftVisualStudio7.1Packages{D6EEEC80-45EA-4CA7-AE30-74700CA09F81}SatelliteDll]
"DllName"="IntelPkgUI.dll"
"Path"="C:\Program Files\Intel\Compiler\VS Integration\C++\VSNet2003"

Please enlighten me.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

I don't recognize an "integrate.bat" - where did you find that?

Try this. Uninstall the integration and the compiler. Reinstall the compiler making sure to specify that you want it installed for
"all users" and then install the integration. If this does not solve the problem, please submit a report to Intel Premier Support. If you did not request support registration when you got your evaluation, you can go back to the Intel Registration Center, reregister the serial number and check the box for support registration.

0 Kudos
core_lance
Beginner
Thank you for your reply. The integrate.bat is under X:Program FilesIntelCompilerVS IntegrationC++VSXXXXXXX where X depends on which drive you're installing and which compiler you're integrating.

Unfortunately, reinstalling the compiler doesn't resolve the issue. I've posted a report at Intel Premier Support, still waiting for them to come up with an answer.
0 Kudos
JenniferJ

try to unregister the DLL several times and register the DLLs again.

Steps:

1. open a command window and goto the IDE folder "C:Program FilesIntelCompilerVS IntegrationC++VSNet2003"

2. unregister the DLLs 3 times

>> integrate.bat "C:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio .NET 2003Vc7in" /u

3. register the DLLs:

>> integrate.bat "C:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio .NET 2003Vc7in"

0 Kudos
JenniferJ

Even though you have eval license, but you can still download and install the latest compiler from the download center at "https://registrationcenter.intel.com/RegCenter/Register.aspx".

So if above doesn't solve the problem, please try the latest pkg w_cc_c_9.1.034.

You just need to uninstall the previous compilers andIDE integration component, and reinstall the new pkg.

Note: maybe you're not looking in the right direction for Intel C menu items. To make sure IntelC integration work, open the "tools>Options" dialog, you should see "Intel C++" in the left pane. Click on it, you'll see some options.

To use the IntelC, create a simple C/C++ project (no managed, no attributed project), right click on the project name, select "Convert to use Intel project system". Then compile the project. It should be compiled by IntelC.

Jennifer

0 Kudos
core_lance
Beginner
madjljiang:
So if above doesn't solve the problem, please try the latest pkg w_cc_c_9.1.034.

You just need to uninstall the previous compilers andIDE integration component, and reinstall the new pkg.

I've uninstalled all components. Installed 9.1.034, no avail. I believe the problem lies in missing registry entries, I've explored the MSI package registry queries and compared them to the registry on my system, some registry entries are not even queried. The values of those entries need arguments from Windows Installer, so I can't really create the entries manually.

madjljiang:
Note: maybe you're not looking in the right direction for Intel C menu items. To make sure IntelC integration work, open the "tools>Options" dialog, you should see "Intel C++" in the left pane. Click on it, you'll see some options.

To use the IntelC, create a simple C/C++ project (no managed, no attributed project), right click on the project name, select "Convert to use Intel project system". Then compile the project. It should be compiled by IntelC.

"Tools > Options" doesn't have Intel C++ pane. "Right click on project name" doesn't have "convert to use Intel project system". By opening manually converted project files using the command line tool will yield:
---------------------------
Microsoft Development Environment
Cannot access data for the desired file since it is in a zombie state.
OK

Premier support suggested installing the latest version mentioned earlier, no avail. Very disappointing.

There's a typo in the latest installer -- "compatability".

0 Kudos
JenniferJ

Have you tried the registration steps yet?

About the 034 not being available, it might be because your license is expired or the support service has ended. This way is to avoid an useless downloading. Because if you got the pkg, you won't be able to install or use.

Jennifer

0 Kudos