Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7942 Discussions

Unable to install Compiler version 11.1.038

Raja_Bose_C_Leo_M_

Hi,

I am trying to install Intel C++ compiler version 11.1.038 but I am gettting a loong wait while "Reading Existing Licenses" in the Welcome screen which is attached in this message.  I am getting non responsive action from the setup. I am having recently purchased Composer license which has the compiler, but at this point of time we are not planning to upgrade to that version.

Can anyone tell me what could be the problem?

Thanks,

Leo.

0 Kudos
17 Replies
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Please try to install your compiler as Evaluation version and later copy your license file to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Licenses folder. Let me know if it doesn't work and I used that method many times to simplify installation of Intel C++ compiler ( verified with versions 8.x, 12.x and 13.x ).
0 Kudos
Raja_Bose_C_Leo_M_

Thanks for your reply,

As per your suggestion, I removed all my license files from the folder you mentioned and then relaunched the setup but same result. :( 

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>... I removed all my license files from the folder you mentioned and then relaunched the setup but same result... Intel installers always create log files and you need to find out why installation hangs and last a couple of records should explain why it happens.
0 Kudos
QIAOMIN_Q_
New Contributor I

Hello Leo,

First make sure to put the lic into the right folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Licenses   //on 32-bit win7 in C:\Program Files \Common Files\Intel\Licenses

Then you can start the install process ,make sure it's an uncontaminated install, you can check the log to make sure the installer can locate/read the lic .

Thank you.
--
QIAOMIN.Q
Intel Developer Support

0 Kudos
Raja_Bose_C_Leo_M_

Thank you for your reply,

I am not able to get any logs in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Licenses" folder.

In my earlier installation which I have done a couple of years back, I remember that a log file got generated. When I do the compiler installation now, I get only the welcome screen saying "Reading Existing Licenses ... " as I mentioned earlier.

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...I am not able to get any logs in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Licenses" folder... If your installing as Admin then log files could be saved in a folder: C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>>>...I am not able to get any logs in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Licenses" folder... >> >>If your installing as Admin then log files could be saved in a folder: C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp It makes sence to verify [ WINDOWSDIR ]\Temp folder.
0 Kudos
Raja_Bose_C_Leo_M_

I have attached the log files generated from ...\AppData\Local\Temp, before initializing the setup I have removed all my existing lic files from C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Licenses.

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
[ C++Professional.Log_issa.log ] ... 2013-06-27 10:53:11: ERROR: LicenseHandler::validateSerialNumber: serial number is of a wrong length! Expected 13 characters! ... This is the only error message I found in your log files.
0 Kudos
Raja_Bose_C_Leo_M_

I have removed all license files from the path specified, and also just launch the setup, so am not sure from where it validates the serial number.

Compiler setup has not reach the state where I can give the serail number.

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...Compiler setup has not reach the state where I can give the serail number. Did you try to install the compiler as Evaluation version?
0 Kudos
Raja_Bose_C_Leo_M_

As I said, I have removed all license files from the license path, and then only I started the setup. I beleive I am installing the compiler as evaluation version.

Do I have to so something different to installing the compiler as evaluation version?  

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...Do I have to so something different to installing the compiler as evaluation version? No and as soon as installation is completed move your license file to a folder where Intel C++ compiler executable looks for license files.
0 Kudos
Raja_Bose_C_Leo_M_

As per your suggestion, I have already removed all license files and initiated the setup but still same issue, setup hangs in welcome screen :( 

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...same issue, setup hangs in welcome screen... Please verify log files and check if the same error happened again ( see one of my previous posts ).
0 Kudos
Raja_Bose_C_Leo_M_

I did the following,

I removed the license files from the common files folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Licenses" and restarted the setup and I got the same error message in the log "2013-07-05 13:10:50: ERROR: LicenseHandler::validateSerialNumber: serial number  is of a wrong length! Expected 13 characters!"

I have a attached the log files "IntelLogs.zip"

This time I tried one thing different, everytime I launch setup, welcome screen freezes and one app"chklic.exe" will be running in the back ground.

So before launching setup, from the extracted setup in path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Download\w_cproc_p_11.1.038\fli", I removed the chklic.exe and launched setup, Welcome screen launched and lauched the setup. And for the first time I got into the page where I can enter my serial number, Now I thought I should put back my chklic.exe file back to the folder and so I restored "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Download\w_cproc_p_11.1.038\fli\chklic.exe" file in that path.

I continued installation as evaluation version and completed setup succesfully. 

Now to verify whether my installation is succesful, I lauched icl.exe file, but it just freezes. I have attached the "ICL.jpg" file for your reference

Before I used to get 

"C:\Program Files\Intel\Compiler\11.1\038\bin\ia32>ICL

Intel(R) C++ Compiler Professional for applications running on IA-32, Version 11
.1 Build 20090624 Package ID: w_cproc_p_11.1.038
Copyright (coffee) 1985-2009 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

ICL: command line error: no files specified; for help type "ICL /help""

but now, 

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Compiler\11.1\038\bin\ia32>icl

"

I have installed as evaluation version, not sure why executing icl.exe freezes now.

I am using Win 7 "64 bit version". Does "Intel C++ compiler version 11.1.038" support Win 7?

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...I am using Win 7 "64 bit version". Does "Intel C++ compiler version 11.1.038" support Win 7?.. Release Notes for the compiler should have a list of uspported OSs.
0 Kudos