Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Unable to install Intel C++ Compiler in the default directory

Mietek_Steglinski

I am trying to install the latest update to my Intel C++ compiler (Intel C++ Compiler Edition 11.1.054 Update 4 Installation on Windows 7.) I am attempting to install it in the same default directory as my current version (048), i.e., C:\Program Files (x86)->Intel->Compiler->11.1, but keep on getting an "Invalid directory: C:\Program Files (x86) Access Denied" message.

I am running out of an Administrator Account and all the permissions for Trusted Installer look good.

How do I correct this problem?

Thanks,
Mietek

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JenniferJ
could you try to install to a different folder like c:intelc folder? let me know if it works.

thanks,
Jennifer
0 Kudos
Mietek_Steglinski
could you try to install to a different folder like c:intelc folder? let me know if it works.

thanks,
Jennifer

0 Kudos
Mietek_Steglinski
Hi Jennifer,
Please let me know if you got y reply and the attached files.

Thanks,
Mietek

0 Kudos
Mietek_Steglinski
Hi Jennifer,

I am not sure you got my reply to your second quesion. I know I can install it in another directory. Let me know if you got the logger files.

Thanks,
Mietek (msteglinski@yahoo.com)

0 Kudos
AFog0
Beginner
I have exactly the same problem. Cannot install in any subdirectory under C:Program Files. Can install elsewhere.
ICC version 11.1.054
Windows XP 5.1 SP3
VS2008 9.0.30729.1SP
0 Kudos
JenniferJ

Hello Mietek,
Sorry for the delayed response. Our engineer is fixing the issue as we speak. If I need any other info, I'll let you know. Thanks very much!

All,
Please install to a different directory for now. Once the fix is available, I will post the news here.

Sorry for the inconvinience.

Thanks,
Jennifer
0 Kudos
JenniferJ

Hello Meitek,

This bug is fixed in the latest Intel C++ Compiler update 6 as well as theIntel Parallel Composer update 6.

You can download it from the Registration Center or the Eval Center.

Thanks for your patience!

Jennifer

0 Kudos