Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install Intel C++ Compiler in the default directory

I am trying to install the latest update to my Intel C++ compiler (Intel C++ Compiler Edition 11.1.054 Update 4 Installation on Windows 7.) I am attempting to install it in the same default directory as my current version (048), i.e., C:\Program Files (x86)->Intel->Compiler->11.1, but keep on getting an "Invalid directory: C:\Program Files (x86) Access Denied" message.

I am running out of an Administrator Account and all the permissions for Trusted Installer look good.

How do I correct this problem?

Thanks,
Mietek

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JenniferJ

could you try to install to a different folder like c:intelc folder? let me know if it works.

thanks,
Jennifer

could you try to install to a different folder like c:intelc folder? let me know if it works.

thanks,
Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,
Please let me know if you got y reply and the attached files.

Thanks,
Mietek

Hi Jennifer,

I am not sure you got my reply to your second quesion. I know I can install it in another directory. Let me know if you got the logger files.

Thanks,
Mietek (msteglinski@yahoo.com)

AFog0
Beginner

I have exactly the same problem. Cannot install in any subdirectory under C:Program Files. Can install elsewhere.
ICC version 11.1.054
Windows XP 5.1 SP3
VS2008 9.0.30729.1SP
JenniferJ

Hello Mietek,
Sorry for the delayed response. Our engineer is fixing the issue as we speak. If I need any other info, I'll let you know. Thanks very much!

All,
Please install to a different directory for now. Once the fix is available, I will post the news here.

Sorry for the inconvinience.

Thanks,
Jennifer
JenniferJ

Hello Meitek,

This bug is fixed in the latest Intel C++ Compiler update 6 as well as theIntel Parallel Composer update 6.

You can download it from the Registration Center or the Eval Center.

Thanks for your patience!

Jennifer