Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Unable to install Parallel Studio XE 2020 Update 1 for Windows

eldiener
New Contributor I

Every time I try to install Parallel Studio XE 2020 Professional Edition Update 1 for Windows it stops when trying to download files to install with:

"Download failed

Failed to download installation files, possibly due to a network connection problem. Retry or cancel installation"

The network connection has no problems.This update either needs to be fixed so that it works. It clearly is not working now despite the network and Internet connection working perfectly.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Bg335
Beginner

I am also experiencing this issue.

0 Kudos
GouthamK_Intel

Dear Eldiener,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

You may get this issue if you are not having stable network connectivity. 

I suggest you try downloading the offline installer which might resolve your issue. 

Please let us know if your problem still persists. 

Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos
eldiener
New Contributor I

Kuncham, Goutham Kalikrishna Reddy (Intel) wrote:

Dear Eldiener,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

You may get this issue if you are not having stable network connectivity. 

I suggest you try downloading the offline installer which might resolve your issue. 

Please let us know if your problem still persists. 

Regards

Goutham

I have a perfectly stable networkand have installed numerous versions of Parallel Studio over the same network. There is something wrong with your installation program with this update. Is there a log which it produces which details what it is trying to do and why it fails ?

0 Kudos
eldiener
New Contributor I

Bg335 wrote:

I am also experiencing this issue.

Thank you ! I am glad someone else can corroborate this issue with this update.

0 Kudos
GouthamK_Intel

Dear Eldiener,

We are able to reproduce the same error from our end. 

Thanks for reporting the issue. We have escalated this to the concerned team.

Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

As suggested, can you download the full package to install then open a ticket at http://www.intel.com/supporttickets

0 Kudos
eldiener
New Contributor I

Viet Hoang (Intel) wrote:

As suggested, can you download the full package to install then open a ticket at http://www.intel.com/supporttickets

I will download the full package. I do not need a support ticket.

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

There was a problem with online installer on our end.  It was reset and should be working now.

0 Kudos
Bg335
Beginner

I am still having this issue unfortunately. My Network is fine and I am able to download anything else I try. I was able to download just the fortran component, but I still cant download anything else. I have reinstalled Windows, tried different browser, different computers and my network is fine, but every download attempt fails due to possible network issues. 

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

I tried yesterday, also again tried today and was able to download the PSXE2020  C++ package for Windows. Not so sure what happened at your end.

0 Kudos
Bg335
Beginner

Ok thanks for looking into it for me. I just kept trying a few times each day and finally it has downloaded.

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

This issue has been resolved and we will no longer respond to this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only.

Thanks,

0 Kudos