Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Unable to install any version of Parallel Studio

vaidyanathan__vignes

I am trying to install Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition in my workstation laptop. However, I am unable to do it because a "Package checksum verification failed" error always pops up irrespective of the version or the mode (online or offline) of installation. I am not sure what to do; I have tried it more than 10 times.

I was just using it two days back but had to uninstall it due to some problems in Visual Studio. Now I am unable to reinstall it. 

Even during un-installation, I could not do it from the control panel for the same reason ("Package checksum verificaion failed"). The uninstallation just would not proceed. At the end, I had to simply delete the entire installation folder and remove all the registry entries. I removed all other temporary files and leftovers etc.. 

Now the same problem is happening while reinstallation.

Is there anything that I can do? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
vaidyanathan__vignes

Hi,

It got solved.

I restarted service named "Credential manager" and "credential enrollment manager". The latter of these two was not running at all. 

Thanks!

Vignesh

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RahulV_intel

Hi,

The most likely cause of this issue could be missing valid trusted root certificates on the system. We'll check on this issue with the installation team and get back to you at the earliest.

--Rahul

0 Kudos
vaidyanathan__vignes

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. 

I did the following:

1) Update windows to the latest version

2) Restart service named "Certificate Propagation"

3) Download a fresh copy of the offline and online installer and try the installation. 

But it did not work. 

My laptop runs Windows 10 on a core i7 9750H processor. 

0 Kudos
vaidyanathan__vignes

Hi,

It got solved.

I restarted service named "Credential manager" and "credential enrollment manager". The latter of these two was not running at all. 

Thanks!

Vignesh

0 Kudos
RahulV_intel

Hi Vignesh,

Glad to hear that. We will go ahead and close this thread. Feel free to reach out to us for any further queries.

--Rahul

0 Kudos