Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7953 Discussions

Use Intel(R) C++ Compiler XE 12.0 in Eclipse (CDT) under Windows 7

Sandeep_Kandula
Beginner

Based on this link http://www.javanb.com/eclipse/1/4758.html, I tried to use Intel C++ Compiler XE 12.0 and integrate with Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers with CDT 7.0.2.
I followed these steps:
1)Installed Intel C++ Compiler XE 12.0

2)Modified User Environment Variable INLCUDE and its path is defined as
C:\\Program Files\\Intel\\ComposerXE-2011\\compiler\\include;C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\\VC\\include;C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\\VC\\atlmfc\\include;

3)Modified User Environment Variable LIB and its path is defined as
C:\\Program Files\\Intel\\ComposerXE-2011\\compiler\\lib\\ia32;C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\\VC\\atlmfc\\lib;C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\\VC\\lib;

4)Opened Eclipse(CDT), New->C++ Project->project type->Makefile project, named it as "test1".

5)Added a source file into the project, say "test1.cpp".

6)Modified existing"Makefile", with content as the following:

all: test1.exe
test1.exe: test1.obj
icl test1.obj
test1.obj: test1.cpp
icl test1.cpp

clean:
del *.obj
del *.exe

7)Opened Project -> Properties -> C/C++Build -> Builder settings
a)Unchecked "Use default build command".
b)nmake -f makefile CPP=C:\\Program Files\\Intel\\ComposerXE-2011\\bin\\ia32\\icl.exe LINK32=C:\\Program Files\\Intel\\ComposerXE-2011\\bin\\ia32\\xilink.exe
8)Now I built C++ project using Intel C++ Compiler.

it gives message: **** Build of configuration Default for project test1 ****

(Cannot run program "nmake": Launching failed)

How can I make it work?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
As you are depending on the Visual Studio paths being set, it seems that you should simply run the iclvars.bat setup rather than mucking around with partial modified versions of the paths. Of course, you will be waging a solitary fight against Microsoft, and I wouldn't carry that fight so far as to use nmake in a way contrary to Microsoft, rather than a standard make.
0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III
Apparently the path to nmake wasn't in PATH
0 Kudos