Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7957 Discussions

Using 30-day trial version with Code::Blocks?

ltkeene
Beginner
Hello all.

I'd like to download the 30-day trial version of Intel C++ for Windows 11.1 and use it as a plugin with Code::Blocks IDE. However, I saw this comment on the download site:

"In order to install and use the Intel C++ Compiler for Windows product, you must have already installed a supported Microsoft development product."

Am I actually able to do this (try it for 30-days with Code::Blocks)? Thanks in advance.

-L
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Alexander_W_Intel
Hi,

even if the post is very old, I want to answer it. It may help others:

A complete list of software requirements is always included in the release notes. For the actual Intel C++ Composer XE 2011 for Windows* you need a software development environment from Microsoft because of some libs and tools. A complete list for this release can be found at: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-c-composer-xe-2011-release-notes/

For example to build 32 bit applications from command line with the Composer XE 2011 you need either a version of Microsoft Visual Studio or a version of Microsoft Visual C++ Express Edition installed. You find more info about that with the exact versions needed in the release notes.

Alex
0 Kudos