Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Using MSBuild

Dix_Lorenz
Beginner
Hi,
I recently converted my VS Solution to use the Intel Compiler and it builds quite nicely in Visual Studio. I prefer to build for release using MSBuild though and that gives me an error:
C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MSBuild\\Microsoft.Cpp\\v4.0\\Platforms\\x64\\PlatformToolsets\\Intel C++ Compiler XE 12.1\\Microsoft.Cpp.x64.Intel C++ Compiler XE 12.1.targets(38,5): error MSB4062: The "ICMessage" task could not be loaded from the assembly Intel.Build.ICLTasks.ICMsgTask, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3c0c138f5bbab72f. Could not load file or assembly 'Intel.Build.ICLTasks.ICMsgTask, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3c0c138f5bbab72f' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Confirm that the declaration is correct, that the assembly and all its dependencies are available, and that the task contains a public class that implements Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITask.
The same batch file used to work when it was still using the MS compiler.
Any ideas? I wouldn't even begin to know where to look...
Thanks,
Dix Lorenz
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Dix_Lorenz
Beginner
Unfortunately it doesn't.
In my batchfile I am calling MSBuild 4 times, 2 targets are resources (and should AFAIK not even use ICC), the other 2 are code. When I used
p:PlatformToolset="Intel C++ Compiler XE 12.0"
not even the resources would build... changing that to
p:PlatformToolset="Intel C++ Compiler XE 12.1"
got me back to the original problem. Actually it is the exact same problem, in my original batch file the error message did contain "Intel C++ Compiler XE 12.1". And the resources at least build...
The link also mentions:
The list of the supported platform toolsets can be found under"[program files]\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Platforms\Win32\PlatformToolsets"directory"
There is 12.0 (from an old installation) and 12.1. The same picture under x64 (if that matters, I am working under Windows 7 64).
On a hunch I deleted the 12.0 directories; no change.
The only suspicious thing I can see at the moment that the error message says "Platform Toolset...12.1" and later "from the assembly Intel.Build.ICLTasks.ICMsgTask, Version = 12.0.0.0". Maybe that should be "12.1.0.0", but I really would not know.
Do you have any more ideas what I could check?
Thanks,
Dix
0 Kudos
JenniferJ
just want to copy the work-around solution here.

Please see the work-around in this thread: http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=106802&o=a&s=lr

Also to use "msbuild", please make sure to invoke the cmd window from the "Intel Parallel Studio XE" menu.

Jennifer

0 Kudos