Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Using command line with devenv 2010

Andrey_Maslennikov
Hello!
I need to use VS2010 with Intel Composer XE 12 from command line. I undestand how I can do it with VS2005/2008 (just convert project with key /IC and build with devenv). But for VS2010 I can't convert project and documentation tells me I shouldn't do it. But again how can I build solution using Intel compiler in this case?
Thanks a lot!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JenniferJ

We have a feature request to provide a similar tool like ICProjConvert120.exe for VS2010 projects. But it's not implemented yet for the current release of Intel C++ Composer XE or Intel Parallel Composer 2011.

Right now, you can do it this way:
1. open the project in VS2010, set the project to use Intel C++ within the IDE
2. build the project use msbuild and it will automatically pickup the ICL.

thanks,
Jennifer

0 Kudos
JenniferJ

In the Intel C++ Composer XE 12.0 update 6 and newer, a new tool "ICProjConvert121.exe" is provided. It's installed to [common files]\intel\shared files\ia32\Bin folder.

This new version supports VS2010 projects. The syntax is like below:

Set the solution or projectto use the Intel C++ Compiler XE 12.1 (update 6 or newer)
>>ICProjConvert121 chelloVS10.sln /IC:"Intel C++ Compiler XE 12.1"
>>ICProjConvert121 chelloVS10.vcxproj /IC:"Intel C++ Compiler XE 12.1"

Set the solution to use the Intel C++ Composer XE 12.0 (update 5 or older)
>>ICProjConvert121 chelloVS10.sln /IC:"Intel C++ Compiler XE 12.0"
>>ICProjConvert121 chelloVS10.vcxproj /IC:"Intel C++ Compiler XE 12.0"

The valid value for "/IC:" option can be found from the VS2010 tools option > Intel C++ > Compilers, "Platform Toolset" list box. It depends on what you have installed on the system.

Jennifer

0 Kudos