Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

VC++ .net hangs when compiling a large project with Intel compiler ver 8.1.024

redeemer90
Beginner
Hi,

I am trying to compile a faily large project with the Intel compiler version 8.1.024 (Evaluation).

There are some other things taht I would like to point out that may help find this problem
The project has 20+ files.
I am using Build (F7) and I get the following message
------ Build started: Project: ....
After this VC++ developer environment hangs and processor usage by VC++ goes to 100%
It looks like a thread inside VC++ .net is going into an infinite loop
After looking at the list of processes running, I can see that the compiler has not been invoked yet
When I try using the Intel compiler on a much smaller project, everything works fine.
My VC++.net version is 7.1.3088

I would really like to try out the Intel compiler, but I have tried getting it up and running on this project and it just does not seem to work.

- Sid
0 Kudos
3 Replies
redeemer90
Beginner
Sorry minor mistake above. The project which was having problems contains 200+ files.

- Sid
0 Kudos
michael_vukadinovic
I have been successfully using the Intel compiler with VC++ 6.0 for a couple of years and just updated to VC++.NET. Now I'm experiencing the same problem with VC++.NET hanging while building projects. Interestingly VC++.NET does not hang when I build the same project on an old PIII 550MHz that I occasionally use.
0 Kudos
JenniferJ
It sounds a bug to me. It seems the internal is trying to figure out the dependency order.
As eval customer you're entitled for support. Please goto Premier Support and submit an issue there and attach the .vcproj & .icproj & .sln files.
Please check the ReleaseNotes for how to get support.
Thanks!
Jennifer
0 Kudos