Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

VS2005 integration problem: "The project must be upgraded..."

gil_mo
Beginner
Hi,
I've just installed Intel 11.1.054, while still using 10.1.025.
According to the release notes (C:\\Program Files\\Intel\\Compiler\\11.1\\054\\Documentation\\en_US\\Release_NotesC.pdf), the coexistence is possible - although one can't use icproj v11 with an older compiler, it is possible to still "use older versions of the compiler that you have installed through Tools > Options > Intel C++ > Compilers".
However, even after selecting my previous compiler 10.1.025, a previousicproj can't be opened inside the solution, and I get the following warning dialog:
"The project 'foo.icproj' must be upgraded to the format used by this version of the Intel C++ Visual Studio integrationetc."
Please advise what I should do in order to keep my good old 10.1 projects as is after installing 11.1.
Thanks,
Gil.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
woleakande
Beginner

Hi there when I had similar problem although not with intel but with win 32 programming on 2005 editionthe compiler kept telling me to upgrade,but when i did to 2008 I was then able to progress.

I therefore advice you to please try and upgrade to 2008 or more recent versions.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Brandon_H_Intel
Employee
I can see the confusion here. However, what will be converted will be the project files from Intel C++ 10.1 to 11.1. You will still be able to select the 10.1 compiler after that conversion. If you are concerned about potential problems, I always recommend backing up your files, that way it's easier to backtrack if something happens that you don't like.
0 Kudos
woleakande
Beginner

Yes somtimes the wizard conversion of program file to an earlier version can cause file to be overwritten, but in all of these the best thing to do is to (1) backup your original files and then (2)try and upgrade to the latest version .

Thanks.

0 Kudos
gil_mo
Beginner
Unfortunately this behaviour forces us to convert the project files in stable code branches that are not to be touched. I think this is an ill-implementation of the VS integration.
Gil.
0 Kudos