Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

VS2015 does not detect Intel compiler after upgrade to Intel C++ 16 update 3

Finn_H_
Novice

I am running Intel Parallel Studio XE Cluster edition 16 for WIndows on WIndows 2012 server integrated with Visual Studio 2015 (community edition)

Everything has been running fine until i upgraded Intel (update 3) yesterday. Now my VS project won't compile, and Visual Studio no longer detects that Intel C++ is installed:

"error MSB8020: The build tools for Intel C++ Compiler 16.0 (Platform Toolset = 'Intel C++ Compiler 16.0') cannot be found."

Please - I need urgent help to get my compiler up and running again!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Finn_H_
Novice

I downloaded the update 3 again, did a complete modify, and now it works fine again. I have no idea why the first update did not work.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Finn_H_
Novice

I downloaded the update 3 again, did a complete modify, and now it works fine again. I have no idea why the first update did not work.

0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee

Hi Finn,
Great, glad to know it's resolved. Looks like there could have been some selection issue of the components during installation. Yes, starting from scratch and modifying the install (in terms of what VS version you want integrated with etc) would force the installer to properly integrate and install successfully.
This also applies to the scenario where you already had installed a previous version and want to install a newer version integrated to a different VS version and keeping both versions of install concurrently as well. 
Thanks,
Kittur

0 Kudos