Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Version 19 icc and icpc bugs

vzecca
Beginner

I have several C and C++ codes where the compiler fails with internal erroror produces incorrect output at run time.

// icc internal error: 010101_2004
struct S { int x; };

void
fn5 (_Atomic struct S p)
{
struct S s = p;
}

and

//icc internal error: 04010002_1529
void
f3 (__float128 x)
{
register __float128 a __asm ("xmm16");
a = -a;
}

I have quite a few of these, and Fortran ifort as well,but I am not sure this is the best channel to communicate them.

Can anybody look into them?

The following is an example:

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching to us. You can give us details of all of your issues/error, we will reproduce them and if they are really a bug we will update them to our core developer team.

So, coming to your reported internal errors, please give us a small reproducer with the hardware and software details on which you have tried them.

For Fortran errors please post a thread on the Intel Fortran compiler forum https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Fortran-Compiler/bd-p/fortran-compiler

Warm Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

We have reproduced the "internal error: 010101_2004" and will investigate it.

We would like to have a test case which produces incorrect output at run time to investigate it further.

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

I've reported those 2 internal errors to the Developers. In the meantime, if you have 19.1 installed, can you try nextgen compiler (icx)?

$ icc t.c -c

t.c(6) (col. 14): internal error: 010101_2004

compilation aborted for t.c (code 4)

$ icx t.c -c

$ icc -V

Intel(R) C Intel(R) 64 Compiler for applications running on Intel(R) 64, Version 19.1.2.254 Build 20200623

0 Kudos
vzecca
Beginner

I just tried icx on both files and they compile fine with return code zero.

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

Since it works with icx, we don't have a plan to fix this in icc. Can I go ahead and close this case as "won't fix"?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
vzecca
Beginner
0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

Thanks,

This thread is closed. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only.

0 Kudos