Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Visual Studio 2005 (SP1) & ICL V9.1 linker error

desilva_j
Beginner
Hi,

I have installed, Visual Studio 2005 and Intel C++ compiler v9.1.022. Recently I upgraded VS2005 with Service Pack 1 and now my projects do not link.

The error displayed follows:
filename.obj: fatal error LNK1103: debugging information corrupt; recomplile error

Needless to say I have tried recompiling the project many times and the problem disappears if I turn off debug information. My project is made of multiple projects (processes) and each one fails. More importantly I created a fresh MFC application through VS2005. It compiles fine with the MS compiler but fails with the Intel compiler. Another computer with VS2005 without SP1 compiles the same projects without error.

I upgraded the compiler as a test to V9.1.028 with no luck either.

Any ideas please??

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
You need 9.1.034. VS2005 SP1 introduced an incompatibility in the linker which required us to make some adjustments in the compiler.
0 Kudos
michael_franke
Beginner

Hi. I'm having linker problems as well. I have 9.1.034 (trial version), and VS2005. Getting linker errors (LNK2019) for all my C functions that are called from within my Fortran code.

My Question: If I have 9.1.034, does that also mean I need VS2005 SP1?

0 Kudos
desilva_j
Beginner
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the response, do you know where I can obtain v9.1.034 even temporarily until my work gets around to it later in the year?

Regards

Jerome

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Michael, your problem is not related to this. Rather, you probably have the standard issue of not having the names of the routines right. Feel free to ask for help in the Fortran forum and please be sure to post your Fortran declaration, C declaration and the error message.

Jerome, if you have a current support term you can get 9.1.034. If not, the only way I can think of getting it is to apply for a 30-day evaluation. The compiler will stop working at the end of the evaluation period. It may be that for you the better choice is to remove SP1.

0 Kudos