Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Visual Studio 2005 integration messed up after installing Composer 2011

gil_mo
Beginner
Hi,
I started up with VS2005 + Intel 11.1.065 + IDE integration, and my solution contains projects that were 'Intellized' (i.e. .icproj).
Now, wanting to keep this environment and add an additional, I've done the following:
- Installed VS2010 (kept VS2005).
- Installed Intel Composer XE 2011 update 4 (kept Intel 11.1, selected to integrate only with VS2010 - unchecked IDE integration with VS2005).
After that, the VS2005 integration seemed to be lost:
- During VS2005 launch, there is no 'Intel' add-on in the startup splash screen.
- In Tools | Options there is no Intel section.
- Loading the solution, I get the error: "The application for project 'MyProj.icproj' is not installed" etc.
Is this a known issue?
Where is the IDE integration info kept for me to look into?
Thanks,
Gil.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
I take it that you want to leave 11.1 integrated with VS2005 and integrate the new compiler only with VS2010. I don't know why the new installation would have removed the old integration, but you should be able to recover by re-installing 11.1.
0 Kudos
JenniferJ
I've seen one other report on this issue recently. I will associate this to that if it already exists. Otherwise I will create another bug report.

Please use TimP's method to restore 11.1 IDE integration for VS2005 by reinstalling the 11.1 pkg. If you lost the 11.1 pkg, please download it again from Intel Registration Center.

Thanks,
Jennifer
0 Kudos
gil_mo
Beginner
Thanks Tim,
Reinstalling 11.1 indeed recovered the broken integration with VS2005.
Thanks,
Gil.
0 Kudos