Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7944 Discussions

Visual Studio 2012 cannot find Intel Compiler in an Intel Project

Vincent_B_2
Beginner

I have used the trial version of Intel Composer XE 2013. Now I have bought it.

A project that was building previously with Intel Compiler cannot build anymore. I have the following message when I try to build:

TRACKER : error TRK0005: Failed to locate: "icl.exe". The system cannot find the file specified.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Vincent_B_2
Beginner

icl.exe can be found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013\bin IA32 or intel64 on my machine.

0 Kudos
JenniferJ

could you check the "path" env-var to see if any path got pushed off the limit? does it happen with a simple hello-world?

Jennifer

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...TRACKER : error TRK0005: Failed to locate: "icl.exe". The system cannot find the file specified... Did you get that error from a command prompt or from VS 2012 IDE? Please also check PATH environment variable and it should look as follows ( for a 32-bit environment ): C:\>PATH PATH=...[ ICC Install Directory ]\bin\ia32;[ ICC Install Directory ]\redist\ia32\compiler;...
0 Kudos
Vincent_B_2
Beginner

.[ ICC Install Directory ]\bin\ia32 was missing in my path. I added %ICPP_COMPILER13%bin\ia32 to my PATH and it seems to work now. I don't understand why the compiler installer could not do it but it seems to build now.

0 Kudos