Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Visual Studio 2012???

dom_beau
Beginner
Does someone have an idea about what is planned to support embedding of Intel C++ compiler in MSVS 2012 that is planned to be released soon?
Thank you!
Dominique
0 Kudos
1 Solution
JenniferJ
The VS2012 is not released yet. Once it's released, we should support it soon for desktop apps. The support will be in the next major release, the current 12.1 will not support it.

Jennifer

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JenniferJ
The VS2012 is not released yet. Once it's released, we should support it soon for desktop apps. The support will be in the next major release, the current 12.1 will not support it.

Jennifer
0 Kudos
Marián__VooDooMan__M
New Contributor II
Jennifer J. (Intel) wrote:

Jennifer

ping? any updates? The VS2012 has been released ATM. Intel Parallel Studio XE 2013 is using ICC 13.0.1, that is package number (IIRC) 119. Can I convert my project from Visual Studio 2010 to 2012(Ultimate) and use XE 2013 inside it? -> 1. IDE integration 2. use ICC over MSVC compiler 3. ICC's debuger plugin 4. tools like "amplifier", "vtune" 5. etc... ? Best Regards
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
The XE2013 releases integrate into VS2008, 2010, and 2012 and accept the corresponding MSVC as an interoperable compiler. There may be a few issues with C++11 for which you should look at release notes. I don't have experience with conversion of projects from 2010 to 2012.
0 Kudos
Marián__VooDooMan__M
New Contributor II
TimP (Intel) wrote:

The XE2013 releases integrate into VS2008, 2010, and 2012 and accept the corresponding MSVC as an interoperable compiler.
There may be a few issues with C++11 for which you should look at release notes.
I don't have experience with conversion of projects from 2010 to 2012.

But when I have installed XE2013 and then after that I have installed VS2012, there was no notify from installer like "integrating ICC into VS". So I have reinstalled ("repair" option) XE2013, and again, there was no notice "installing VS integration" for VS2012, only for VS2010 there was message like "installing integration into VS 2010". So, can you tell me, to not be afraid to convert my project into VS2012 from VS2010 while using XE2013 and expect it will work like a charm? (except for VS2010 -> VS2012 possible project conversion issues -> ) -> quoting ->
TimP (Intel) wrote:
I don't have experience with conversion of projects from 2010 to 2012
Best Regards, vdm .
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
I agree that one would expect the repair option to offer integration of XE2013 into VS2012, but it seems a removal and re-install is required. When installing XE2013, a selection should appear offering to integrate with any or all of the 3 eligible VS versions, if they are visibly installed. VS Express will be ignored by the instalter; methods have been suggested on these forums for using it (within its capabilities).
0 Kudos
Marián__VooDooMan__M
New Contributor II
TimP (Intel) wrote:

I agree that one would expect the repair option to offer integration of XE2013 into VS2012, but it seems a removal and re-install is required. When installing XE2013, a selection should appear offering to integrate with any or all of the 3 eligible VS versions, if they are visibly installed. VS Express will be ignored by the instalter; methods have been suggested on these forums for using it (within its capabilities).

Yes, I must confirm that uninstalling/removing XE2013 and then installing it again solved my issue. Since it all took more than 4 hours, the "repair" feature of installer might take a one half of that time. Please, consider this option in future releases. Thank you very much for your advice (uninstall + re-install).
0 Kudos
JenniferJ
"Repair" is not the right choice, should be "modify". "repair" is re-installing everything installed already, it does not detect anything new. "Modify" should work. But let me confirm it though. Jennifer
0 Kudos