Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Visual Studio 2013. Unable to load KernelBuilderAPI.DLL

AndrewC
New Contributor III

When opening a C++ project in Visual Studio 2013, and after installing Composer XE 2015 Update4, this message appears.

Can't see to find a mention of this error anywhere on the web. Anyone have a clue??

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Amanda_S_Intel
Employee

Did you reboot the system after the installation? It usually resolves this issue.

0 Kudos
Yuan_C_Intel
Employee

Hi, 

This "KernelBuilderAPI.dll" comes from Intel(R) OpenCL SDK or Intel® INDE. Have you installed it before?

For example, see:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\4.6\bin\x64\KernelBuilderAPI.dll

Thanks.

0 Kudos
AndrewC
New Contributor III

OpenCL SDK - that was it. removing the OpenCL SDK fixed the issue! Good catch!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Carlos_R_3
Beginner

Hello Yolanda,

I've been having this problem of finding the C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\4.6\bin\x64\KernelBuilderAPI.dll.

1. the openCL SDK is not installed on my system
2. INDE is not installed either.

what is installed is the XDK to create hybrid apps with HTML5 AND CORDOVA.

the question is: how do I get rid of this very ANNOYING ERROR MESSAGE? rebooting the system DOES NOT DO IT.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Yuan_C_Intel
Employee

Hi, Carios

Does your C++ project contain any reference to such library or OpenCL?

If your project keeps searching for such a libray, it probably some reference to this library in your project configuration?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
ALEXANDER_U_Intel1

Hi all,

I face the same issue, with the "KernelBuilder.dll" not being able to be loaded.

However, I wish to use OpenCL. Whenever I create a project with Code Builder OpenCL, I get this error message. Same for when I execute Code Builder > Platform Info.

The exact error message is:

Code Builder initialization failed:

Unable to load DLL 'KernelBuilderAPI.dll': The specified procedure could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007F)

Interestingly, this dll does exist here: C:\Program Files(x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\bin\x86 and \64

So what is wrong? Why does the DLL not get found by Visual Studio 2012?

I have installed the latest drivers.

0 Kudos
Yuan_C_Intel
Employee

Hi, Alexander

Seems some configuration issue of your OpenCL integration with Visual Studio 2012.

Please check your VS2012 project properties, does it include the proper OpenCL SDK bin path?

I think you may get more instructions from Intel OpenCL forum:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/opencl

Thanks.

0 Kudos