Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Visual Studio 2015 RTM - Intel compiler fails (2016 update 2)

Miket
Beginner

Hello All,

Today I installed Visual Studio 2015 Community edition (RTM) and discovered that a very simple code won't compile with Intel 2016 Compiler (update 2, Version 16.0 Beta Build 20150527).

The code:

#include <string>
#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
    cout << "Hello!!";
    return 0;
}

The error message:

1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\include\type_traits(1617): error : a nonstatic member reference must be relative to a specific object
1>            -> decltype(_STD invoke(get(), _STD forward<_Types>(_Args)...))

Hope it will be fixed in the next release, since it is complete show-stopper!

Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Judith_W_Intel
Employee

You could try adding /Qstd=c++11 to the command line (the problem was that the c++11 feature of allowing "this" in trailing return types was not enabled by default for MSVC++ 2015 configurations. The /Qstd=c++11 option should automatically add this option.

Judy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Melanie_B_Intel
Employee

Thank you, we're tracking this problem as DPD200372590 in our internal bugs database. It should be fixed in the next revision.

0 Kudos
Miket
Beginner

Of course, you cannot say when the next update will be available...

Any temporary workaround?

I am afraid that this issue is complete disaster not only for me. I was forced to uninstall this Beta completely.

Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
Judith_W_Intel
Employee

You could try adding /Qstd=c++11 to the command line (the problem was that the c++11 feature of allowing "this" in trailing return types was not enabled by default for MSVC++ 2015 configurations. The /Qstd=c++11 option should automatically add this option.

Judy

0 Kudos
Miket
Beginner

Thank you a lot, Judy! It works.

Michael

0 Kudos