Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paul_o_1
Beginner

Visual Studio 2015 Update 1 Intel Compiler XE 15 attributes

The posted answer https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-c-compiler/topic/601433 fixed one of the issues I saw after Visual Studio 2015 Update 1.  However, I still get the following errors.  I have only added a representative error but they all have the same condition the [[noreturn]] is triggering the failure. Is there any work around available?

>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\include\exception(294): error : expected an attribute name
1>        [[noreturn]] void _RethrowException() const

The same error message also get emitted from xstring and vector

1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\include\xstring(2250): error : expected an attribute name
1>        [[noreturn]] void _Xran() const

1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\include\vector(1782): error : expected an attribute name
1>        [[noreturn]] void _Xlen() const

0 Kudos
7 Replies
paul_o_1
Beginner

The attribute which is flagged is the noreturn attribute in [[ brackets.  The web page is removing that when it is rendered.

hello,

does Intel Compiler 15.0 support Visual Studio 2015? I guess you need Intel Compiler 16.0 for this.

--Vladimir

Kittur_G_Intel
Employee

Hi Polin,
Yes, VS 2015 is supported starting with 16.0 Initial release. Presently 16.0 Update 1 is out that can be downloaded from the Intel Registration Center.
_Kittur

TimP
Black Belt

Icl 15.0.4 and later also supported vs2015.  Vs2015 has changed somewhat since the current intel compilers were released.

TimP
Black Belt

Melanie_B_Intel
Employee

Our 15.0 compiler does not recognize [[ noreturn in default mode.  VS2015 update 1 added noreturn to several include header files. We're testing a workaround in-house and will post it later.

Our 16.0 compiler does accept noreturn in default mode, if possible please update to the 16.0 compiler, it has much better compatibility with vs2015.

Kittur_G_Intel
Employee

Thanks Melanie, yes it makes sense to install the latest 16.0 update 1 release.  -Kittur