Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7944 Discussions

Visual Studio 2015 Update 2 and Intel Compiler 16.0 Update 2 incompatible?

AndrewC
New Contributor III

I have installed Visual Studio 2015 Update 2 and the latest Intel Compiler 16.0 ( I updated to Parallel Studio 2016 Update 2) will not compile "hello world".

#include <iostream>

int main()
{
    return 0;
}

1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\include\type_traits(550): error : identifier "__is_assignable" is undefined
1>            : integral_constant<bool, __is_assignable(_To, _From)>
1>                                      ^
1>
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\include\type_traits(550): error : type name is not allowed
1>                                                      ^
1>
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\include\type_traits(550): error : type name is not allowed
1>                                                           ^

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AndrewC
New Contributor III
0 Kudos
Kittur_G_Intel
Employee

@vasci - thanks, I was about to let you know as well. I'll keep you updated as soon as the release with the fix is out.  Appreciate your patience till then.

Kittur

0 Kudos
duc_d_
Beginner

I have the same problem with you. If you found any way to fix to, could you please tell me. Appreciate your sharing. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Kittur_G_Intel
Employee

Thanks @duc. Yes, I'll keep you updated as soon as the release with the fix is out. Appreciate your patience till then.

Kittur

0 Kudos
Kittur_G_Intel
Employee

Hi,
Just letting you know that this issue is fixed in the 16.0.3 (update 3) release that was out this week which you can download from the Intel Registration Center and  test it out, thanks.

Regards,
Kittur

0 Kudos