Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Visual Studio 2017 integration

velvia
Beginner

Hi,

On my machine, I have installed VS Community 2015, then Parallel Studio XE 2017 update 4, and then VS Community 2017.

I have the integration of Parallel Studio in VS 2015, but not in VS 2017. I have tried to run the installer again and repair, but I had no luck. I have tried to install new components, but I can't see anything for VS 2017.

How can I install support for VS 2017?

Best regards

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jase439
Beginner

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-parallel-studio-xe-2017-update-4-integration-to-vs2017-fails

You can get it "mostly working" with the manual (and tedious) installation of the .VSIX packages. There are still some issues. You will also need Update 4 of the Intel Advisor to get the tools to install correctly.

Supposedly, the integration failures will be addressed in the next update. Not sure how this last release escaped past QA out the front door. :\

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

Even if this is working correctly, you will need to modify the psxe installation subsequent to adding the new vs.  When in upgrade comes out, installing that should take care of it.

I noted, during the psxe2018 upgrade on win8.1, the installation continued to fail at the point where it should install documentation, but the compilers themselves appear to work.

0 Kudos