Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7942 Discussions

Visual Studio 2019 integration broken, missing Config options

devl42
Beginner

After installing System Studio, it said it was integrating to Visual Studio 2019 (16.7.0) and completed without error, however, it has broken all ability to configure C++. The entire "Options->C++" menu under Tools is gone, and when you look at the new section it added, "Intel Compilers and Libraries", it says "There are no Intel C++ Compilers installed."

How do I re-get the ability to select which compiler I am using, and to configure them? Immensely frustrating...

I attached a screenshot showing the Intel Compiler is installed, that the regular C++ config menu is missing and the Intel compiler doesn't show up. 

4 Replies
Clift__Neill
Beginner

After installing the latest update to VS 2019 I also lost the intel compiler. I got it working by uninstalling Parallel Studio XE and reinstalling. Not pleasant.

0 Kudos
RahulV_intel

Hi,

After every VS upgrade, it is recommended to run the parallel studio installer in "Repair" mode. Repair mode will not take significant amount of time (on the other hand, re-installation takes a lot of time).

--Rahul

0 Kudos
RahulV_intel

Hi @devl42 ,

Could you let me know if the thread can be closed from my end?

Thanks,

Rahul

0 Kudos
RahulV_intel

Hi,

I have not heard back from you, so I will go ahead and close this thread. Intel will no longer monitor this thread. Feel free to post a new question if you still have any issues.

0 Kudos