Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Visual Studio Upgrade

Martin_Knirsch
Beginner
Gentlemen,
Currently I'm using Visual Studio 2008 with Intel C++, IPP and Intel Visual Fortran. After upgrading to the latest releases I'm no using a Visual 2010 shell.
When upgrading to Visual Studio 2010 do I need to reinstall C++, IPP and Fortran? Where do I find a description about the modifications that Visual Studio 2010 does to my current installation.

Many thanks

Martin Knirsch
0 Kudos
3 Replies
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
When upgrading to Visual Studio 2010 do I need to reinstall C++, IPP and Fortran?

Hi Martin,

I could answer regarding IPP only - No. You don't need to reinstall IPP.

But I wouldverify thatpaths to IPP's 'Include'and 'Lib' foldersare properlyset in VS 2010 settings:

Tools -> Options -> Projects &Solutions -> VC++ Directories

Note: It is not applicable if paths to 'Include' and 'Lib' folders aredefined in some project.

Best regards,
Sergey
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Installation of VS2010 would not affect your VS2008 installations or the integrations of Intel compilers in VS2008. By repeating (or modifying) installation of Intel compilers, you can add integrations into VS2010. Only the 12.x/XE2011 compilers will integrate into VS2010.
0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Martin,

I'm not sure about your Visual Studio 2010installation. Did you install theVS2010 Shell + Libs coming with the latest Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE? If this is the caseplease note that the Shell is for Fortran only and DOES NOT include any C/C++ portions. So you will not be able to install and use the Intel C++ Compiler on theVS2010 Shell.Please refer to the release notes for more information about the system requirements.
Regards, Hubert.

0 Kudos