Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Visual Studio (re-)integration

John_M_Intel6
Employee

Hi - I was previously using Intel C++ 16.0 inside Windows Visual Studio 2012. Then I installed Visual Studio 2015, and all the Intel C++ compiler options have disappeared.

Is there some way of re-integrating Intel C++ into the new version of Visual Studio, or do I have to re-install Intel C++ from scratch?

John

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kittur_G_Intel
Employee

Hi John,
Without the install log files we wouldn't know if the selection was made etc.  What you can do is to:
"launch setup.exe from original package perform modification to install C++ compiler and ensure you've selected the correct VS version as well"  That should plug in the compiler in the IDE.

_Kittur

0 Kudos
John_M_Intel6
Employee

Kittur Ganesh (Intel) wrote:

Without the install log files we wouldn't know if the selection was made etc.

Thanks Kittur, but sorry - you mean the Intel C++ installation some time ago? It just integrated itself into the version of Visual Studio that was present at the time (2012).

What you can do is to:
"launch setup.exe from original package perform modification to install C++ compiler and ensure you've selected the correct VS version as well"  That should plug in the compiler in the IDE.

There's no setup.exe(s) in Program Files <x86)/IntelSWTools, so I guess I'll have to re-download the installation (Parallel Studio XE Pro - it doesn't look like you can just get the compiler on its own from our internal site).

John

0 Kudos
John_M_Intel6
Employee

Parallel Studio re-downloaded/installed, and corresponding options in Visual Studio now available again.

0 Kudos
Kittur_G_Intel
Employee

Great, nice to know it's fine now John!

_Kittur

0 Kudos