Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Welcome to the Intel C++ Compiler Forum!

Ganesh_R_Intel
Employee

Hello,

I welcome you to the Intel C++ compiler discussion forum.

You will like this forum if you are a developer interested in C++, parallelism and performance optimization.

Cheers!
Ganesh

0 Kudos
37 Replies
srimks
New Contributor II
Hi.

Could you answer or the assigned person, the query as asked in http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=62202 or you can check "Help: Vectorization, x87 & SSE2" in AVX forum.

and

http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=62183 in Compiler forum as "Vectorization Limitations - The step towards SIMD Programming".

Looking forward.

~BR

0 Kudos
coolman010
Beginner

Hello,

You will like this forum if you are a developer interested in C++, parallelism and performance optimization.

Cheers!
Ganesh

I didn't get you bro....Is intel is making C++ compiler software???Or intel has already made that??but intel is in the hardware part then why does it has made this C++ compiler software...can i get the link for that??
0 Kudos
Dny
Beginner
Intel has it own c++ compiler and many tools and library for optimizing, profiling and speed up the application on windows as well as Linux

some tools/libraries are
Intel vtune
Thread Building Block
Math Kernel Library
etc..

Regards,
-Digs
Quoting - coolman010

Hello,

Cheers!
Ganesh

I didn't get you bro....Is intel is making C++ compiler software???Or intel has already made that??but intel is in the hardware part then why does it has made this C++ compiler software...can i get the link for that??

0 Kudos
pramodblackbird
Beginner

0 Kudos
lanyardpass
Novice
Quoting - pramodblackbird
I dont see the point here am i missing something in the qestion what are you acctualy asking?

0 Kudos
hussain-alkhalissi

Hello,

Cheers!
Ganesh

thank for welcoming us to intel c++ compiler but if you can help me is there any like msdn for intel compiler
0 Kudos
JenniferJ

thank for welcoming us to intel c++ compiler but if you can help me is there any like msdn for intel compiler

I assume you mean the msdn online documentation. No, we don't have the exact one, but we do post the full documentation online for you to download.

With 11.1 release, the documentation is integrated into Visual Studio. So when you seach the doc, you can seach the Intel C++ Compiler documentation.

Jennifer
0 Kudos
dufferdev
Beginner
i am using a 64 bit machine. qith fedoea 11. this is what a uname -a gives
$ uname -a
Linux virasena.ee.iitb.ac.in 2.6.29.4-167.fc11.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed May 27 17:27:08 EDT 2009 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

i m using the "l_cproc_p_11.1.056_intel64 " version to install as the "l_cproc_p_11.1.056_ia64" version gave me message that it was incompatible with my system. while installation, i get this issues.

Step no: 4 of 7 | Installation configuration - Missing Critical Pre-requisite
----------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------
32-bit libraries not found on this system.
This product release requires the presence of 32-bit compatibility libraries
when running on Intel 64 architecture systems. One or more of these libraries
could not be found:
libstdc++
libstdc++5
glibc
libgccStep no: 4 of 7 | Installation configuration - Missing Critical Pre-requisite
----------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------
could not be found:
libstdc++
libstdc++5
glibc
libgcc
Without these libraries, the compiler will not function properly. Please refer
to Release Notes for more information.

-----------------------
these are 32 bit libraries,! i still tried to yum all these and the yum would say that the latest version of these libraries were already present!
so , what are the steps now to install the compiler??

0 Kudos
arindam_nsit
Beginner
Quoting - dufferdev
i am using a 64 bit machine. qith fedoea 11. this is what a uname -a gives
$ uname -a
Linux virasena.ee.iitb.ac.in 2.6.29.4-167.fc11.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed May 27 17:27:08 EDT 2009 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

i m using the "l_cproc_p_11.1.056_intel64 " version to install as the "l_cproc_p_11.1.056_ia64" version gave me message that it was incompatible with my system. while installation, i get this issues.

Step no: 4 of 7 | Installation configuration - Missing Critical Pre-requisite
could not be found:
libstdc++
libstdc++5
glibc
libgccStep no: 4 of 7 | Installation configuration - Missing Critical Pre-requisite
could not be found:
libstdc++
libstdc++5
glibc
libgcc

-----------------------
these are 32 bit libraries,! i still tried to yum all these and the yum would say that the latest version of these libraries were already present!
so , what are the steps now to install the compiler??

I am facing exactly the same issue.
Posted it under following link:

0 Kudos
woleakande
Beginner
Hello Sir,
Am in need of your assistance in overcoming this error "No such directory"
This is the error I encounter any time I use The #include or #include
or #include "windows.h" etc.
I am using Visual C++ compiler 2005.
All I need is how to overcome this error and be able to programme with the win32 api.
If possible please help me an intel compiler .Thanks.
0 Kudos
Priyadhars_K_Intel

IS there a how to guide and tutorial to use this tool?
0 Kudos
David_Smith3
Beginner
Hi, I'm trying to find out why I can not bring up the intel 12.0 idb gui. The install is a 32 bit intel compiler on a 64 bit Redhat linux machine. After setting my display environment and then try to start idb & , it does not dispay and gives an exit 13 error. I look in my log file and see all sorts of eclipse bundle errors. Does anyone know what eclipse version I should have installed ? and what be my issue. thanks.... Oops forgot to mention that java greater than 1.5 is installed. Best ...
0 Kudos
Rob_Mueller-Albrecht
Hi David, I suspect the issue is that you are running a 32bit build of the debugger with a 64bit JRE. The debugger expects the Java JRE used to match its own running mode. Thus you have 2 approaches that should hopefully fix your problem. 1. You could install the debugger only from the 64bit Composer XE package 2. You could go to java.com and explicitly download and install the 32bit JRE Thanks, Rob
0 Kudos
Ulf_H_
Beginner

I use Intel Composer XE 2013 for Mac OS X and still get exactly the bug described in  http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/use-intel-cc-compilers-v1201107-or-higher-version-to-resolve-error-when-preprocessing-and which was supposed to be fixed as of version 12!

When using the minimal example posted there: 

// snip //
icc --version
icc (ICC) 13.0.0 20120731

icc -c test1.cpp
test1.cpp(909): error: exception specification is incompatible with that of previous function "__fpclassifyf" (declared at line 497)
extern int __fpclassifyf ( float __x ) throw();
^

test1.cpp(910): error: exception specification is incompatible with that of previous function "__fpclassify" (declared at line 499)
extern int __fpclassify ( long double __x ) throw();
^

test1.cpp(911): error: exception specification is incompatible with that of previous function "__fpclassifyd" (declared at line 498)
extern int __fpclassifyd ( double __x ) throw();
^

test1.cpp(955): error: exception specification is incompatible with that of previous function "finite" (declared at line 845)
extern int finite ( double __x ) throw();
^

compilation aborted for test1.cpp (code 2)

// snip //

Any ideas on this problem?

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...I use Intel Composer XE 2013 for Mac OS X and still get exactly the bug described in >>software.intel.com/en-us/articles/use-intel-cc-compilers-v1201107... which was supposed to be fixed >>as of version 12! Thanks for the follow up. I wonder if Intel software engineers could provide some information on when it could be fixed?
0 Kudos
Judith_W_Intel
Employee

Regarding the compilation error with the preprocessed file test1.cpp --- this is not a bug. We emulate the GNU behaviour which is that if we see incompatible exception specifications in a system header file, we do not give an error but if we see it in normal user source file (which is what you created when you said -E -P) then an error is issued. What should have been fixed is that test.cpp should no longer give an error (since the Intel header file should have been fixed to make the exception specifications compatible). And if you recreate (i.e. preprocess test.cpp again) the new test1.cpp with the latest version of the Intel header files should not give an error. Are you using your old version of test1.cpp or are you using a new version created with the latest compiler?

Judy

0 Kudos
sharath_m_
Beginner

HI !

I am new to Intel compilers and need some clarification. pl help me 

I have got a Linux box with the below cpu type

Architecture: x86_64
CPU op-mode(s): 32-bit, 64-bit
Byte Order: Little Endian
CPU(s): 64
On-line CPU(s) list: 0-63
Thread(s) per core: 2
Core(s) per socket: 8
CPU socket(s): 4
NUMA node(s): 4
Vendor ID: GenuineIntel
CPU family: 6
Model: 45
Stepping: 7
CPU MHz: 1200.000
BogoMIPS: 5399.31
Virtualization: VT-x
L1d cache: 32K
L1i cache: 32K
L2 cache: 256K
L3 cache: 20480K
NUMA node0 CPU(s): 0-7,32-39
NUMA node1 CPU(s): 8-15,40-47
NUMA node2 CPU(s): 16-23,48-55
NUMA node3 CPU(s): 24-31,56-63

The RedHat version is 

Linux version 3.2.37 (root@localhost.localdomain) (gcc version 4.4.6 20120305 (Red Hat 4.4.6-4) (GCC) ) #1 SMP Sat Apr 13 01:17:24 IST 2013

Intel processor type  is : model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-4650 0 @ 2.70GHz

Please let me know the best suitable Inel C++ compiler for this type of host.

- How to get the suitable compiler

- how to install the compiler in my host machine

- how to get the support for the compiler

thanks in advance 

Sharath

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
At the top of the webpage there is a menu and select Intel Platform Development -> Developer Tools item. If you don't do any Fortran programming then the most advanced versions of Intel C++ compiler could be considered: . http://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-sdp-home - Intel Cluster Studio for Linux - Intel Cluster Studio XE 2013 for Linux - Intel System Studio for Linux 2013
0 Kudos
KEERIYAT__P_
Beginner

Hope any one in this forum can help me, with regard to compilers and HTML5. I made an offline project for E learning, Which carries many swf and a central loader. I want to convert the content suitable for Intel app store, please comment.

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
0 Kudos